Discipline

Damien

"Where ya boy at Quentin? It's been ten fucking minutes," I asked rather annoyed.

We were sat in my truck in the dark across the street from my dumb ass freshman's house, six. He's the last of the bunch that we rallied early this morning for some "extra practice." Their yet to come punishments are results of they hard ass heads this week. Six, in particular, put the icing on the cake for him and the rest of his freshman teammates Thursday. They were already in for it, but every minute he makes me wait, I'm making the circumstances worse.

"Ion know what the fuck he in there doing," Q breathed. He peered past me through my window, looking for any sign of movement through the house I guess. "Told him about that time shit." I cut my eyes to him in the passenger seat, "I thought you had him in check. You took his lil stupid ass under yo wing and he don't seem to learn shit."

"He is in check. He just takes a lil mo convincing. This shit was last minute anyway, I'm sleepy my damn self."

I sensed some slight defensiveness in his tone when he said that. I shrugged it off.

"I texted him to let him know we were on the way to get him, Damien," whined a voice from the behind me. I looked in the rear view mirror to see one of the rookies poking his head from the back of the truck.

"Who the fuck told yo midnight blue ass to speak, Aubrey?" I barked. He was able to find the reflection of my face light up by the street light in the mirror and slowly ducked back down once we made eye contact. They know good and well what that question means. I expect nothing but silence and a complete submission after I ask.

He and five other teammates sat back to back in the bed of my truck. I call it rounding up the cattle. Whenever we feel like they been smelling themselves too much at practices, we throw em in the back and take em wherever to do whatever to em'. Call it hazing, but it's methods to my madness and that's ensuring they stay in they place.

Freshmen coming up on my team thinking they doing some shit? I don't think so. Best thing about it is I can get away with it. Davis is in my corner, there's nothing I tell him he doesn't believe. My entire resume is more than enough proof to show I'm the best man he could ever dream of putting on the field. Taking me off would be his worst nightmare. I'm the reason for everything this team has, to its rank, stats, facilities, and more.

Anyway...

One of them lil niggas threatened to "tell on me" cuz I roughed him up some, drew a lil blood. To be honest, I barely even did anything. The thought went away as fast as I slapped the lips off his face. That was back in early June and ironically, I hadn't really heard much out of him since then.

Just the way I like it.

One might ask why I do all this shit, risking compromising my career. The answer is, I do what I like and I like what I do. Reigning terror over others, that is. Ian realize the power I have until about the tail end of my sophomore season. Not to mention, my size helps pass along the fear factor.

I feen it.

"There he go," pointed Q. "And he walking out slow." He sighed as if he was a parent more than a captain.

I scoffed, "Cuz he know he finna get his ass handed to em. And I don't know why the hell he got a bag cuz the only thing he gone need is Jesus when we done." I rolled down the window to shout across the yard, "Hustle!" He picked up his speed from a walk to a jog through his yard. At first he hesitated like he wasn't gonna, but he knew it was me who said it.

He can be defiant with Q, but if he was my responsibility, I would only have to say shit one time. I've only been able to encourage Q to lick up six once. Since then, he stuck to only shoving and mild shit. I don't know what this nigga holding back for. Quentin has dragged six by a leash everywhere we go since football camp started, making him do ten times the most ridiculous shit we make everyone do. Public humiliation is an understatement in his case. I think the other freshman look at it as favoritism, but they dumb as hell if they believe what was happening to six daily was special treatment.