36. Luca Diaz

I woke up at 7 a.m.

I didn't have time to take a shower. I dressed up in comfortable clothes. Although I love suits, they aren't made for running and fighting.

Sophie, i promise i will save you today. I kissed the bracelet that she gave me. It reminds me of her.

Oh I love this girl

I got downstairs. I didn't have a lot of strength in me but I will fight. And I Will save her. She needs me just as much as I need her. And if she's gonna die then I will too.

„do you think you will be able to fight today?” Antonio asked.

I nodded my head.

„yes I'm pretty su-” my phone ranged. It was an unknown number.

I touched touched the green button.

„hello?” I said. I hate when random numbers are calling me.

„I don't have a lot of time, Luca, I also don't think yo u remember me. I'm Ric. I used to work with you but I switched. Sophie is here. She's barely alive. You need to come here as fast as you can. At 6 pm there won't be any bodyguards only violet and Cain. Sophie will be downstairs in a basement. I will be there too. They are planning on killing her at 8 pm.” Ric said.

I thought he was dead.

„Ric I- okay. We will be there are 6 pm. Just please try to keep her alive. Tell her I will come to save her today.” I said.

She's alive. I have hope.

„okay, okay I will. Cain also doesn't know she's Antonio's daughter. You can try to break in without shooting and take her. I'm pretty sure they will give her to you. He's afraid of all of you and we all know. Now I have to go.” he hung up.

She's Alive. That's all that matters.

„We need to attack them at 6pm. He doesn't know she's your daughter. He thinks she's dead because that's what she told everyone. She's alive but she can die soon. She's barely holding. We need to do something.” I said.

„how do you know that it is not a lie?” marco asked.

„It's Rico. He was one of the most trusted men in my cartel. After a war with Alexander and before we started working together he left. He switched to something smaller and less dangerous. He's loyal to me and not to them because I saved him from drugs. And now he has a wife and 2 little kids.” I said.

Flashback

„boss, I'm sorry but I want to leave the mafia. I want to switch to something less dangerous and smaller.” he said and sighed.

„when you're in the mafia you're always in it. There's no escape.” I told him.

How can he leave after everything? That little piece of shit.

„I'm sorry boss but please understand me. I have a wife, a daughter and the other one is on the way. I'm very thankful for that and I just can't lose it. I can't lose them. When you will have a family I'm pretty sure you will understand how it feels when you know your family is in danger every single second of your life.” he said and sighed.

I know he loves his family more than anything. I can't keep his dreams away from him either his family. Family always stick together.

„okay, Ric. You're free to leave.” I told him.

End of flashback

Comment & vote & follow & stay safe

Tiktok: _mafiastoriesra

Words: 590