(Chapter 37) The key

"Can I ask why your room looks like it's been robbed?"

I was busy rummaging through my room when I heard the familiar soothing voice.

"Oh Minnie Eonni..... I'm looking for the key." I said as I shifted my focus to Minnie who's now sitting on my bed.

"What key?" Her tone changed, I can tell. She must know something.

"The key to my locker, you know, that locker we had when we were trainees."

She smiled as she stood up, went near me, and held my shoulders.

"You should've told me earlier, you could've saved time rather than ransacking your room." She said with a chuckle.

"You know where it is?"

"Of course I do, I literally have it."

_________________________________________

Minnie and I went to Cube she told me it was in her studio.

"Did I leave it to you or something?" I asked as I followed her movement with my eyes.

"No, it was given to me after the accident since it was a part of your belongings." She said while being busy lifting her stuffs.

"Did you ever try opening my locker?"

Minnie looked down, I couldn't see her expression though she seemed hesitant.

"No..." She met my eyes. "I couldn't bring myself to open your precious little locker which you have always hidden from me."

Though if it was me I would've opened it but considering Minnie she must've been through a lot.

"C'mon let's open it." I grabbed her arm to take her with me but she didn't follow.

"One of the reasons why I didn't open it is because I know you love to keep things to yourself. You may not remember anything but I want to respect your privacy." She looked so sincere looking at me, her intentions are as clear as glass.

I softly smiled at her. "Thank you, Minnie."

She stayed in her studio as I went down to the locker room.

I don't know what to expect, maybe it's filled with just normal things that trainees need or maybe it contain something Mira holds dear.

I was in front of the locker as I looked at it soulless at it. Here goes nothing.

After I pulled the door of the little locker open I found a few neatly folded clothes and....

A letter.

"Hey." I went back to her studio as soon as I got the things from the locker.

"You got your things?" Minnie took of her headphones and turned to me.

"Yeah.... and umm..." I walked like an awkward penguin towards her.

"Here, it's a letter." I smiled to her, said nothing more and quietly left as I gave her time to read it.

Dear Minnie,

Hey... I'm sorry. I won't fulfill our dream together. I know I'm hindering you from the dreams that you've always wanted and I want you to chase for it now.

I knew about the confession before you Yuqi even mentioned it and yeah... sorry if I said no. I'm leaving because I know you're better of without me.