(Chapter 20) Lonely melody

The issue hasn't died for 2 days now. The staff at Cube are dealing with almost every call and I've seen the frustration in everybody trying to handle this case.

Soyeon is also helping a lot by talking to some staff, the other members are at the company too, managing the best that they can.

I didn't know how to act in this situation. I just observed how everybody paced back and forth, going over the comments and some sites that are adding to the chaos.

Minnie isn't holding up well either, I haven't talked to her that much since this thing started. She was called early in the morning everyday and I always miss the chance to open up to her about the topic.

I'm currently at Cube as I was called out by the CEO for a meeting.

"Are you okay for these past few days?" He said and sat on the leather chair of his office.

"I can't really say but I'm okay, compared to how things are going."

"I know the members personally invited you to the dorm but this time I would like to ask you to leave." He said sternly.

I kinda knew this was going to happen. Me and Minnie staying at the same dorm will spark a bigger issue.

"It's okay Sajang-nim, I understand, I'll leave their dorm after packing." I told him slightly looking down to my feet.

"That's good, you don't wanna make the same mistake again." He uttered the last part in a very low voice which I surprisingly heard.

"Huh?" I asked him.

"Ah... nothing, it's better for you and Minnie to stay apart, for the good of the group." He said then stood up. As he moved to his chair a memory flashed to my head.

What was that? A deja vu?

I went out of his office as soon as we ended the conversation. I walked though the 8th floor hallway as I went down. I tried to look for the other members.

"Hey Mira!" I heard the all familiar voice of Cho Miyeon.

"Oh, hey Eonni,"

"How did your talk go?" She asked as she was already near me.

"Well you'll be the first one to know that I will be leaving the dorm." I told her calmly.

Miyeon's cool expression turned to worry in an instant.

"Wait what?! Why?! I mean there's no problem with you staying on the dorm why would you need to leave?" She held me by my shoulders and shaked me like a toy.

"Let's just keep away from the issues that may arise from Eonni, the best way to do that is for me to leave the dorm." I told her then held her arms slightly to bring them down.

She was about to say something but Yuqi yelled through the hallway.

"What are you two bickering about in the middle of the company hallway?" Yuqi asked us while jogging closer.

"Oh, good. You're here to back me up." Miyeon took her hands of my shoulders and looked at Yuqi.

"She was told by the CEO to leave the dorm and she agreed right away." She added with her hands on her hips really showing how she is disagreeing with me.

Yuqi looked at me then smiled. "I know it's for the better, plus Mira knows what she's doing."

I smiled at her answer.