(Chapter 34) New Member

I have always wondered what it feels like to be an idol. Maybe because I'm a fan, which makes me wonder what it feels like if people would be my fan too.

The feeling of being on stage must come weird once it really happens. I've only imagined it, probably even dreamt about it. But.....

I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO REALLY COME TRUE!!

*Snap*

I looked into Yuqi's direction.

"Are you that surprised? You have been staring into nothing for a while now." She told me while trying to check if I snapped back to reality.

"I-I'm not dreaming right? Or am I still asleep in the plane?" I looked at a blank direction, probably making a very weird face right now. I felt a hand softly holding mine and squeezing it a bit. I looked to my side to see Minnie smiling at me.

"Nope, you're not dreaming, you're gonna debut with us." She said to me like it was another normal thing.

"How about dancing and singing? Don't I need practice for that?" 

Soyeon just giggled from my statement. "Dancing? You're already good at that and singing that'll come naturally to you." 

"Don't worry about it, you may not remember but you're quite the ace of Cube, so be confident, okay?" Now it was Soojin who comforted me.

After we came into the room the directors just instantly told us the news that even I couldn't process it well yet. I mean who could process becoming a member of the girl group you actually stan. That's like my lifelong dream, though I thought it would just be a dream.

"We will discuss the date for the ot7 debut but for now let's just say we are working on it." The temporarily appointmented CEO, Shin Taeho, said as he approached the center of the room.

"What do you say, Mira-yah? You up for this?" He casually said it to me.

I personally was stuck in my position like I've been frozen in ice this whole time. My mouth has probably dried up from not speaking for a while now. If it was not for Minnie who was softly caressing my hand right now, I would've fainted.

"U-uh.. y-yeah absolutely." I said with a little streak on my voice.

"We'll prepare for it starting this Monday, you guys can go home and rest for a bit since you just arrived." He ended the meeting with that.

______________________________________

"You okay? Need some fresh air or something?" Minnie, who was beside me in the car said.

"I'm just overwhelmed by all that's happening." I didn't face her as I said it, I continued looking out the window like my soul had left my body.

She didn't say anything, she just held my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked at her only to see a warm smile. I smiled faintly back then rested my head on her shoulders.

I don't know what's holding me back. It's just that, I came from a Han Seulri to the girl who survived a 6 year coma, to becoming a part of a girl group. It's too much to take in, my brain can't process this much information. Adding more to that, this isn't my life to live anyway but I got to have it. I get to have a comfortable life like this, I get to wake up every morning to meet the IDLE members and most importantly, I get to hold and receive care from Minnie. I keep wondering when it'll end, that maybe one day I'll wake up and I'm not Mira anymore. And that if I get greedy with this life, I'll end up losing it. 

I don't know what my actions might do, maybe I'm just scared to use a life that wasn't supposed to be mine.

______________________________________

"You set?" I heard Soyeon speak through the headphones.

I nodded facing the glass I cannot possibly see through.

Well a few days after the announcement, we decided to try out my vocals. We are now in Soyeon's studio, with the girls on one side while I am here facing this microphone directly.

"Don't get nervous it's just us, okay?" This time it was Minnie's voice vibrating through the headphones.

I nodded still a bit nervous.

"Mira-yah, inhale and exhale!" Now the energetic Shuhua probably forcibly clicked the button to talk to me. It made me smile though, knowing our Yeh Hope is trying to cheer me up.

"Well start the song, okay." Soyeon said to me to clear out the chaos probably happening in the other room.

(G)I-DLE For you - Korean version (until first chorus)

내가 하고 싶은 말은 별 거 아닌데

매일 밤 아직도 난 후회하고

내가 하고 싶었던 말 이젠 너에게 할 수 없으니

이렇게 꿈에서라도 전해

그땐 너무 어려서 난 용기가 없었어

뒤돌아서 널 찾고 말해야 했어

I can’t live without you

I love you

너의 빈자리가 내게 너무 크게 와닿아

Boy oh there is no one like you

No one but you

다른 사람 만나도 여전히 허전해

My love is you

I softly breathed as I opened my eyes to hear the girls' response to my singing. There was just silence.

"H-how was it?" I nervously asked. "Was it that bad that-" 

I couldn't even finish my statement because I heard nothing through the headphones so I decided to look at them and stepped out of the booth.

"Was I okay?" I looked at their expressions, they seemed a bit silent.

Soyeon looked at me with no expression in her face. She started clapping.

"Wahhhh you're very cool, Mira-yah!" Shuhua yelled as she followed along Soyeon who was clapping.

"Told you you're good at singing." Soyeon said as she proudly smiled on her seat.

I couldn't really doubt their proud expressions. Minnie kept telling me I was good, while Yuqi kept telling me she was better. It's all the normal talk that we usually have. Teasing and praises has been normal to me now I guess.

We kept on talking about my voice and how the songs would be done in the future. 

"But I think your voice would suit this-" Soyeon was about to hand me the papers with lyrics.

"You guys busy?" Areum Eonnie, said as she went into the room.

"Oh no, not really Manager-nim, what is it?" Yuqi replied to Areum.

"Good then, I'm here to introduce you to the new part-timer of our team." Areum smiled as she gestured to the person to come into the room.

The person came in with a shy kind of approach, keeping her head low.....

.....but I could absolutely tell who it was.

Amongst all the people in the world I didn't expect this person to be here.

Of all the possibilities it has to be this person?