(Chapter 39) I choose you

The day Mira woke up

Minnie's POV

I rushed towards the room door as the elevator bell rang. I can't waste time.

When I opened the door, I saw her. Her eyes were open, it seemed like a dream but it wasn't.

I came up to her with all the speed I can muster and my tears just fell down my cheeks. "You're awake, you're finally awake." I stared at her with my bawling eyes.

She looked worried. As if she recognized me, but that's impossible the doctor said she'll suffer from amnesia if ever she wakes up.

I may be delusional. Those eyes are yours but at the same time they aren't.

...

...

...

...

"I'm leaving!" I shouted at the living room knowing they would all hear it.

"Okay! Buy some food from Busan if you ever have the mood to be a good friend to me!" Yuqi yelled from her room.

I smiled and took off.

I wondered who was the person who gave Mira another chance in life. I knew a heart transplant means the person who gave it must be dead but I still want to thank them otherwise.

It took me months to find her but I'm glad I finally found her.

Han Seulri...

I arrived at the cemetery with a bouquet of flowers in my hand.

"Thank you, for letting me spend time with her again." I placed the flowers at the tomb.

I didn't stay much but I felt the need to visit this place again.

...

...

...

...

"You're welcome."

I heard it loud and clear. I knew I did.
I looked back at her with all those questions in my head but I waited for her excuse.

"O-oh....um... I-i mean her response would be your welcome, seeing how sincere you are, she must've appreciated it." She stuttered

I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Sure. For a long time I have felt it. The difference between what you were before and now, but I couldn't take it. I can't comprehend and decipher my feelings. What I feel is different from what I do.

"For a moment there I thought you were possessed or something." I tried to shrug it off.

I have her now. What else can I ask for?

...

...

...

...

As I pressed those keys, I felt my body let go of my emotions. I longed yet have her beside me. I do not know why but it feels like I've lost someone, yet I cannot find out who.

Is it her? I turned at her direction. The one I lost?

I stopped playing. My mind began to question my own heart. She was right there, my heart beats for her yet I question if it is her.

I glanced slightly on her lips, it was tempting. I moved slowly closer to her as she was waiting for me to make a move.

She didn't react but I softly placed my lips on hers. I felt her giving in but gave her a short simple kiss. I drew back, wondering why it felt foreign yet my heart is aching and screaming to do it again.