(Chapter 14) Problems

"How's your stay at the girl's dorm, Mira?" The CEO said to me whilst he sat on his swivel chair.

"It's been good so far, they treat me like family," I replied to him.

"Do you perhaps remember anything?" He stood up and went to sit in front of me.

"Well nothing, in particular, I actually don't remember even just a bit."

"That's good then." He said in a very low voice and stood up.

Something's wrong, my gut tells me about it.

"What did say, Sajang-nim?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Oh, it's nothing." He laughed awkwardly. "I just wanted to check in how you were doing, so I particularly don't have any more questions."

"I'll take my leave then, Sajang-nim." I stood up and bowed to him.

He just nodded and went back on his paperwork.

There must be something that I'm not meant to remember. Because he won't be secretive about it if there's nothing fishy.

I walked through the hallways of Cube.

Why does everything around me keep adding things for me to think about?

I was about to enter the elevator when my phone rang.

It was the Seoul Metropolitan Department.

"Hello, is this Miss Mira Yirakul?" The man on the phone asked.

"Um, yes, this is Mira speaking, do you need anything officer?"

"I'm Detective Yoon, and I would like to ask if you perhaps have time on Friday? We would like to question you about something."

"Oh, sure, I can come."

"Thank you, Miss, I'll just send to you the time and person to contact."

After the conversation, the detective gave me the details that I needed to know.

Looks like there's gonna be another set of problems for me.

I was about to press the down button of the elevator.

"Hey, Mira-yah!" Shuhua shouted from the hallway.

"Oh, Eonni." I just smiled at her.

"Yah, what brings you here?" She asked jogging closer to me.

"I had a talk with the CEO."

She just nodded. "Let's go to the practice room, everybody's there."

Shuhua dragged me to the training room I was strangely familiar with.

"Oh hey, Mira did you have a talk with the CEO?" Yuqi asked as I stepped in the room.

"Yeah, it wasn't that long, and I was planning to leave right after."

"Just stay here and watch us practice. Plus, we're gonna go eat out after this, Soyeon Eonni said she'll buy." She whispered the last part and chuckled.

"I'll stay here then, I want to see you guys practice too." I sat on the wide leather seat on the side.

"Where are the others?" Shuhua asked while fixing her shoelaces.

"They went out to get beverages, they'll be back in a few minutes." Yuqi replied to her as she heads to the music box.

A few minutes later, the other members arrived with beverages on their hands. Minnie smiled at me as she came in but Miyeon cut her as she was about to ask me something.