Chapter 22 - Reunited

I could see the Twins in the distance, the two towers standing tall over the great crossing

I could see the Twins in the distance, the two towers standing tall over the great crossing. I took a deep breath before gathering the reigns again. I urged the horse forward. It neighed before complying. I had taken a moment to enjoy the sight and especially the landscape. It had already been two days since I met Elric. I had stayed out of trouble ever since, staying clear of people in fear of getting attacked once more.

When I took another turn down the road, voices traveled through the wind to me. They were arguing, one clearly female and the other male. I halted, trying to locate their voices but I couldn't see anyone around me. When I steered towards a hill on my right, I was given clear sight of whomever it was that was arguing in the distance.

Beside a wagon, stood a tall silhouette in a long dark cloak with his back turned to me and a smaller one in front of him. They were arguing quite loudly, their voices traveling though the lands. The smaller one yelling at the taller one. "You're so dangerous, aren't you? Saying dangerous things to little girls. Killing little boys and old people. A real hard man you are." My eyes widened when I recognized the voice. It was Arya.

"More than anyone you know." Sandor spat right back at her. I sighed and lent back in the saddle. I had not in a million years thought I would find Sandor again, even less that Arya would be with him. How in seven hells had they become traveling companions. I urged my horse forward and steered towards them.

Sandor drew his knife and turned towards someone lying on the ground, but Arya stepped in front of him and pushed him back. "Don't kill him! Please! Please don't!" Her words were coming like a plea and Sandor listened, actually listened. He sheathed the small knife again with an angry growl.

"I didn't take you for one to take orders from little girls, Sandor." I spoke loudly enough for them to hear me. Arya looked up at me as Sandor spun around to face me as well. I gave them both a small smile. Sandor growled loudly and rolled his eyes at me. "For fucks sake. How the fuck did you manage to her here?" Sandor asked when he turned his attention to the things on the wagon. I noticed it was salt pork even before Sandor began eating.

"Lyra?" Arya said my name with both surprise and annoyance. I changed my attention to her before dismounting my horse. "How did you get away from the brotherhood?" Arya asked when coming to my side. I chuckled and threw the reigns over the head of the horse.

"I slipped away in the chaos you installed when running away." I held the reigns tightly while trying to hide my relief. I was glad to have found both. I had a different reason for each of them, Sandor because of the protection he could give and Arya because she was my sister.

They must've heard the rumors about the wedding at the twins as well. And that was where Sandor were taking Arya. I soon learned I was right, and that Sandor had already planned ahead. I came to understand how much I had missed the brutal bluntness of his. Sandor explained his plan to me before I could even get to ask.