4. Preparations

"Yes. I want to date her."

"What the fuck?" I say under my breath looking at him, later hoping that they didn't hear it. But I assume Austin heard it as he turned his gaze towards me as soon as I blurted that out.

"Ah Uhm, Well okay then," Ms. Mabel speaks up, "How long do want to date?" She questions us with one of her eyebrows reaching as high as it could.

"A year probably", he says after giving it a think for a while and I, soon, realise what he was trying to do here. I kept quiet indicating that I didn't see a problem in what he said.

"No." She says without even giving it a think. She really knows how to piss off people.

"Why?" I ask, wondering if she grasped the situation like I did. She probably did. I'm so done with her.

"Fine. If you guys really want to date for a year, I would hire people to stalk you both to see if you guys are really dating or not. And I would want a minimum three hours date report each day. Remember, A condition for a condition." She was definitely a player or she's been played a lot. She just knows our every fucking plan which we use to come out of her traps but end up getting into a brand new trap. But to think of this trap, it was worse. We weren't atleast obliged to spend time with each other except bed time where we would just sleep. So, I didn't want to agree to this.

"I'll get married soon. Just give me some more time to talk to my parents about this and get their approval and you know, some stuffs." I say, asking for more than just six days.

"Oh dear, you don't have to worry about that. I'll get that done. I'll talk to your parents and get them ready for the wedding. You just have to list out the names of whom you wish to have on your wedding day and the rest will be done. The bride doesn't have to worry about those things. You just have to prepare yourself and shop with your fiance for the wedding which will be in six days." She says with a smile fixed on her face which seemed a bit close to what seemed like a genuine smile but I hated this even more. I wonder if she ever worked for a mafia. She seems so cunning with all her acts. God knows how far I can go in levels of hating her.

We both keep quiet.

"Get going both of you. Austin, your car is in the basement," she gives the car key to him which really must have been seized by her, as he said. "Both, get going to the store which I've added the location on the car and check on the wedding dresses I've selected for both of you." I knew it! She knew we both did not have any other choice and planned every freaking shit about the wedding. She is starting to scare the shit out of me now.

Dammit, how did I end up here?

"After that," she adds, "Go to the Jewelry store, I've added that store's location too, and select any jewels you both need. It's your choices. But I want them to be the most presentable and expensive ones. And about the ring, I've selected them. You both just have to try them on and purchase it. Now, hurry. There's no time to waste." She says, looking at her watch.

Neither of us move and I get sunk in my deep thoughts until she waves at us demanding us to move soon.

"But, I have so much work at the company to spend my whole time doing this." I say, not wanting to participate in this pre-wedding works.

"Give it a rest for around a month. I'll hire a director to look after your company for around a month or so. Just trust your company with me. After all I'm your major shareholder."

"No. I can't let anyone work in my company on my behalf." I've lost my patience.

"Well, the time demands it, Iris. Did you think you'll work on your wedding day and during your honeymoon time too?"