5. Visit

"... However, Ms. Mabel said that you and Austin are visiting us tomorrow. So, you can sort out this with him tomorrow. Don't be late. I've been informed of the timings too so don't worry."

But I wasn't informed mom. I knew I had to meet them any time regarding this but I wasn't ready for that day to be tomorrow itself.

"Can you listen to me, Iris?" She asks for my long pause without any answer.

"Ah, yeah. We're coming. Don't worry, I'll not be late. I mean we. We'll not be late" I say with so much awkwardness.

"Iris, Are you okay? You don't seem excited at all. Something seems off in your voice." I swear mothers know everything.

"Hey, come on. Nothing is wrong, I'm just stressed because of work and now that the wedding is so near, I'm even more stressed that's all." I try to reassure her with my stupid lies.

"Okay," her voice is low now. Ugh. "I want to see you soon. I just hope everything is going well with you." She whines.

"I swear everything is going well, mom. I'm just stressed. I'll come home tomorrow soon. Don't worry."

"Fine. Bye. Love you!"

"Love you Mom." I hang up the call.

Undoubtedly, I'm gonna burst out very badly one day and Ms. Mabel is going to definitely suffer my wrath. She shouldn't have told my parents that we would visit her, without even informing us. With all disrespect, all my hate is dedicated to her.

I, immediately, text Ms. Mabel.

Ms. Mabel, Why did you tell my parents that we're gonna meet them tomorrow? Couldn't you inform me about it earlier? And what time did you inform them that we'll be there by? >

< Iris, it's your wedding and your parents must atleast meet Austin once and that's why I told them you both will visit them tomorrow. I didn't get the time to inform you both about it. I'll inform Austin about it now
Sorry about that
Be there by 1 in the afternoon

I sigh for God knows how many times today. I hope this will be the biggest downfall of me in my life. I can't go any lower. I'm totally done.

Friday, 27th September, 2019
8:00 a.m

I go to the company at usual time for work as I still had few hours left to visit my parents but I was not allowed inside my own fucking office because of freaking Ms. Mabel. I'm being way too patient with her and I'm not going to blame myself if one day I start swearing at her very badly.

As soon as I reach my apartment, I check my phone while reaching the elevator and find few messages from an unknown number.

<Hey, I'm Austin

<I'll come to your apartment by 12 and pick you up

<It was my grandma's order

<Also I got your number from my grandma so don't worry too much

Okay>

I'll start losing my breath for sighing so much every day. I just hope things don't get worse when we visit my parents. Moreover, I don't know how I should comfort my dad because even I got to know that we were dating for three years on the same day that he got to know. Infact even later than he knew and I got to know about our marriage just a couple days before he knew. I better get rewarded well by the Heavens for the amount of bad days I'm dealing with.