37. Beautiful Lovers

Monday, 16th December, 2019
2:48 a.m

Austin and Ms. Mabel are returning back from Canada today, giving me hopes to see them finally.

They were supposed to return back just a week after they had left New York but Ms. Mabel wished to spend more time with her first love.

According to what Austin and Ms. Mabel had told me, they first met at Florida, Gainesville. They had both left their mother town to study in a university there because Ms. Mabel's dream was to study there and her first love's dad had transferred there due to his work. They both were new to the town. Having few classes together, they met often, started to build friendship and soon enough started dating. A cliche love story that everyone loves to hear, including me.

Most of the time, Austin used to talk on the call about some of their lovable times and couple quarrels that Ms. Mabel had told him, which I enjoyed listening to. Some were cute, some sad, some funny, some annoying... everything a couple would come across in a relationship. Overall, their relationship was beautiful.

Until they had to seperate because Ms. Mabel had to return back to New York after studies while he stayed back in Gainesville. They promised to contact often and they did too. But, as times passed by, she wrote many letter to him but none of them got any replies. A sad ending that everyone despises, including me.

But honestly, they never ended their relationship. They just discontinued their relationship without any closure, which is even more sad because their hearts would feel too incomplete to move on from it.

When she asked him for the reason why he stopped contacting, when they met again in Canada, she got to know that he didn't receive any letters because they had moved their house elsewhere as his father got ill and since he had to spend most of his time, making money and spend the rest of his time in hospital taking care of his father, it was easy to just move to another house, closer to the hospital.

After few days of his father's recovery, he goes back to his old house which was owned by someone else and when he recieved all of Ms. Mabel's letters, he finally wrote back letters to her but unfortunately, she had moved to Phoenix due to irresistible reasons and then, his letters never got any reply because she never received them as she was no longer in the place he used to send letters to.

They both moved on thinking the other moved on while they both still had them in their hearts.

I also heard that Ms. Mabel did get into few relationships later on but hadn't married anyone and preferred to stay single for the rest of her life after a harsh breakup she had gone through. That's when Austin came to her life. A new sparkle for both of them.

On the other hand, from what Ms. Mabel had heard from her first love after meeting him there, in Canada, was that he did the same. He had dated few girls but hadn't married. I guess, that's what true love does to incomplete hearts when they discontinue a relationship that was meant to be continued for life.

But, there was no way that they could go back and repair the damage they did to their relationship and to themselves. All they had to do was to make the best out of the time they were left with and that's the reason why they didn't return back to New York in a week.

But today, they were coming back. With her first love, David. Because, he wanted to be with her till her last breath and make things work atleast now, in the time that is left for them, which they couldn't before.

She did promise herself that she wouldn't tell him about it but I guess she felt too bad for herself that she, thankfully, told him about it. Because, some things when said are sad but when not said, it's even more sad.