Andrew "Pope" Cody(Animal Kingdom)

Pope is the eldest son of the notorious criminal Janine "Smurf" Cody. He is considered to be mentally unstable, short tempered, quiet, loner & most violent of the Cody men. He prefers to be feared but also wants people to see that he's a good person. Not the type to open up to anyone, he always had trouble keeping relationships. The only relationship that lasted long was with Y/N, who he dated for eight years.

Due to Y/N moving out of Oceanside for work, their relationship deteriorated & they eventually broke up. However, both still have alot of love for each other & are good friends. Pope shows up unexpectedly at her home in Las Vegas around 9:05pm. Y/N answers the door.
"Pope? Come in." He walks in & she closes the door behind him. He hugs her.
"You smell good", he whispers.
"Thanks", she says as they pull apart.

"Is everything alright?", she asks concerned.
"Yeah. I just wanted to come & see you so we can talk."
"Are you sure everything's ok?"
"Yeah. I really missed you."
"I missed you too. Do you want a drink or something?"
"I'll take a beer if you have it." She walks over to the fridge & takes out two beers. She hands one to him. They walk outside & sit down on the patio stairs.

 They walk outside & sit down on the patio stairs

"I'm sorry for showing up here. I know he hates when I do that."
"Nah. Don't worry about it, I broke it off."
"What? When?"
"The last time you showed up. We fought after you left."
"That was a month ago. We've talked a few times since then. Why didn't you say anything?"
"Because it doesn't matter."
"What was the fight over?" She takes a long sip, looking away.

"Shit. It was about me, wasn't it?"
"Yeah." She runs a hand through her hair.
"I'm sorry," he says.
"Don't be. He refused to understand that you mean alot to me & I wasn't going to cut you out of my life. So fuck him."
"Same ol' Y/N", Pope chuckles sipping his beer. They finish off their beers in silence.
"So.....what's going on with you?", she asks stroking the back of his head.

"Shit's just been going wrong. Smurf's dead. My ex-girlfriend Angela is dead. I have to see a shrink."
"Why?"
"I went through a period of blacking out. I'd snap out of it, end up somewhere with no idea how I got there." Y/N shoots him a sympathetic look.

"Oh my god, Pope." He nods, looking away.
"Do you think there's something wrong with me?"
"What do you mean?"
"Am I evil?", he asks looking at her.
"No. Why the hell would you think that?"
"Because you've seen me. You've seen what I can do. The things I'm capable of." She grabs his hand.
"You're not evil, Andrew."
"But the things that I've done..." She interrupts.

"Look at who raised you. Look at the shit you & Julia went through as kids before Craig & Deran were born. I'm not saying it to be disrespectful towards Smurf. But the environment you grew up in wasn't the safest, you always had to be on guard. You're not evil, you survived through alot. I've seen the real you." She grabs his face, staring into his eyes.

"Underneath your hard exterior, I know that you're loving, caring, gentle." She leans in & kisses him softly. They pull apart, resting forehead to forehead.
"Want another beer?", she asks. He nods. She smiles, picks up the empty bottles & walks back inside. Pope follows, watching her in the kitchen. She uncaps the beer bottles when he sneaks up behind her.