Money make her smile

Chapter 46

 Money make her smile

But there was no chance I would tell him. Even though deep down I wanted to.
My future had been set; Blake and I would take the money and start all over somewhere far away.
After that emotional roller-coaster I told Bruno I needed so time for myself. I couldn’t handle being around him right now. Besides there was still this thing with my mother I had to take care off.
Bruno told me it was fine and he understood. He also had a lot of work to do; promotion, performances and appearances on T.V shows and radio’s.
Probably a lot more, but he didn’t want to bother me with that.

I told Bruno I would walk home. I wanted to be alone for a while. Needed to clear my head. I was glad I left my phone at home too, I didn’t want Blake to talk to me.

All he would do was say that I should think about the ‘the greater good’ and that this was the only way Bruno would ever pay for what he did to me.
I knew he meant well, but I didn’t want to hear that right now. I could think of those things myself too.

Walking down the streets was nice. It was a thing I loved to do when I wanted to clear my head. I would take in the surroundings or sometimes I didn’t. Sometimes I would just walk and let my mind wander around.
Mostly my thoughts would taking a ride with the wind. Floating around on a bed that was made out of clouds.
Pushing higher and higher into the sky, to never return again. Sometimes they would return into the form of rain it would be like taking a shower in my own thoughts. Making me see things clear and understand what was the right thing to do.
Sometimes they would return into the form of sunbeams, warming my heart and making me smile.
None the less, strolling around outside was just a thing that would make me feel better most of the time.
When I got home I realized that I had to call my mom. How was I ever going to explain this to her?
I didn’t want to lie to her but, I had no other choice. Now I was mad at the paparazzi who shot those pics of us! I saw the magazine and madly swiped it off my table. The feeling that I could do nothing to make this undone was making me even more mad.
This was a thing I had to get used to. When I first dated Bruno there were no people interested in him. There was no one who would want to take his picture or have his signature. Now all of a sudden he’s become famous and more and more people started to know who he is.
I never thought about that when I started this whole plan. I never thought about us being a target for magazines. I never went online, but I knew the internet would be full of rumors about us. As long as they wouldn’t know we dated before, that would mean they could dig deeper and throw stuff in public that were way too private.

“Hello?”
“Mom”, I said hesitating.
“Hello Natalie”, her voice sounded cold. She was making me shiver as if I was standing in the snow with my bare feet, wearing summer clothes.
“I’m sorry mom. I know I should have told you.”
The only thing I could hear was my mom’s breathing. She tried to control it but I could hear she had trouble doing that.
“I don’t even understand why you are seeing him again! He’s no good for you and you know it!”
I could hear she was concerned about my being. Now I felt sorry for putting her through this.
“I know you won’t believe what I’m going to say now. But  he’s changed mom. He really is!”
I could just hear my mom roll her eyes on the other side. She heaved a big sigh and then spoke again.
“Natalie, I know you love him. I understand that he might be even more attractive now that he’s famous, but men like him will always fall back into old patterns.”
That’s when she had me shut. This was something she had learned in therapy when she finally had the courage to leave my dad. It was a way of making sure women like my mom wouldn’t date abusive men like that.
They were told and shown the things they would say to get them back. So I knew my  mom thought Bruno was a match to those patterns.
I tried to calm her down and make her understand  I knew what I was doing but that wasn’t easy. She had a hard time believing me and I could understand her.
She was very protective over me; her only daughter.
At the end of the conversation we could still laugh and I told her I would visit her soon.
Between Blake and Bruno I also had my job. A few busy weeks were in sight for me. I was glad to have some distraction. Neither Blake or Bruno could make me feel comfortable right now.