Miami Blues (Pt.2)

Chapter 10

Miami Blues pt.2

“Do you want me to order some breakfast?”, Bruno said breaking the silence. I just nodded my head. I moved forward so he could get out of the tub. He grabbed a towel and put it on his waist. He walked over to the living room and I heard him call room service. I got out myself, I was still soar all over my body.
I slipped in a white dress and walked to the living room. I saw Bruno sitting on the couch, just staring into nothing. He lifted his head up when he saw me.
“Shouldn’t you get dressed?”, I asked him, taking a seat next to him. “Yeah, I should”, he answered, his voice sounding empty. He got up and walked away. My eyes wandered around, until I saw the pieces of glass on the ground. I walked over to wall, there was glass everywhere. I sat down on my knees and began to pick the pieces up. They were so small, it was hard to get them all. “Baby what are you doing?”, Bruno asked while putting a shirt over his head. He walked over to me and got on his knees next to me. He grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him. “Picking up the broken pieces, you left behind last night”, I said without any emotion in my voice. He let go of my arm and fell on his behind. His knees pulled up and his arms resting on them. I turned my face back to the floor and continued what I was doing. A knock on our door startled me and I cut my finger. “Damn it!”, I said and put my finger in my mouth to ease the pain. Bruno got up and opened the door. “Room service”, I heard a lady’s voice say and she shoved the cart into the room. “Thank you, I’ll take it from here”, Bruno said before the lady could come in. He gave her a tip and closed the door. I stood up and looked at my finger. It was just a small cut, just like a paper cut. “Breakfast is here”, he said and strolled the cart to the balcony.
I wasn’t really hungry at all, so I just got some fruit and some juice. “You should eat something”, Bruno said, again breaking the silence. “I’m not hungry”, I answered and took a sip of my juice. I noticed how thirsty I was and after that I drunk the whole glass at once.  I poured myself another glass and watched the ocean. “You know room service will clean up that glass”, he said taking a bite of his croissant. “If you didn’t throw it in the first place, there would have been nothing to clean up.” Silence took over again. “Bruno you really need to control this. What’s wrong with you?”, I asked him putting a strawberry on my fork. “I.. I don’t know…” “This has got to stop. I can forgive you this last time, but if you lay a hand on me again.. we’re done”, I said. I put down my fork, shoved my chair back and got up. “Wait…Natalie… wait!”, he called coming after me. “Please, I.. I can change! I promise..!”, he pulled my shoulder and turned me around. His eyes begged me to stay. “You need to get your shit together.” "I know! And I will! But please, I love you!", he called out as he grabbed my hand. Tears began to form in his eyes. Damn it! Now I feel sorry for him... "Let's take a walk on the beach", I said.

I took off my flip flops and buried my feet into the warm sand. I loved the way the sand felt on my feet. We strolled down the beach, holding hands. "I'm sorry for getting so jealous. I just can't bare to think some other man touching or kissing you", he said. "It's not the jealousy you should worry about, Bruno. You need to get your drinking under control. After you drink you get aggressive towards me. I don't need that and I definitely don't deserve that!", I said and stopped to look at him. We stood still and Bruno's head was facing down. "If you want me to quit drinking, I will. For you", he said and he stroke my face with his hand. We kissed and kept walking. "Baby?" "Yes?" "Will you please not tell anybody what happened last night? Not Sarah, not Phil. Not nobody", he suddenly asked. "Why?", I asked him. "I don't know, I think this is private and nobody has to know this. It's something between me and you", he answered and lit up a cigarette. He gave me one and I lit up.  "Sarah is my best friend, I tell her everything. And if I don't, she'll see", I said to him referring to my black eye. I wore sunglasses so people wouldn't look at me funny. Although my cheek was still swollen. "I know, but can't you make up something?", he asked me while kicking a rock into the ocean. "I already did that last time. You really think she's going to buy that, if I make up something again?", I asked while releasing a sigh. "I didn't know you didn't told her." "Well I didn't. Have you told Phil?", I asked. "No... I think he will beat my ass if I tell him what happened", he answered.
We walked up to the pier. We sat on a bench dusting off our feet from the sand and putting our flip flops back on. "Let's not talk about it anymore ok? We're flying back tomorrow and I want this day to be fun", I said as I stood up. "Alright. So what do you want to do?", he asked me. "Let's rent a jet ski!", I said with excitement. "I bet you don't even dare to drive it!", Bruno teased me and chuckled. "Psssh, boy! Don't try me!" I waved hand in his face, putting my left hand on my hip. "You think you so though huh! Let's make a contest out of this. We'll pick a spot and whoever gets there first...", he stopped to think. "Yes...?", I said waiting for his suggestion. "Needs to buy lunch!" I laughed. "What kind of bet is that?" "I have a better idea. Whoever wins, will be the boss all day", I said and winked at him. "Aaahhh... my little nasty girl. That's more like it!", he said and put his arm around my waist. We walked over to a restaurant to ask where we could rent some jet ski’s. After we found the place we told the man we'd be back in an hour. We needed to get to the hotel first to change into our bathing suits.