It's time; my time!

Chapter 42

It’s time; my time!

The next day Blake and I sat down at the kitchen table. He had this whole revenge thing planned out.
At first I was against it, I didn’t want to get back at him. But the more I thought about it, the more I started to like the idea..
We talked all morning about how we were going to do this, what we wanted to do and when. Everything needed to be planned out in detail. It had to be perfect.
The first thing I had to do was win back Bruno; that was the easiest part!
I knew he wanted me back, although he kept quiet for a long time, but I knew that was mostly cause his was busy promoting his single.
The plan was to text him late in the evening, I would tell him that I’d miss him and I wanted to talk to him.
There was almost no chance of him not taking this bate!
Tomorrow was a perfect day to meet him. A nice Sunday afternoon, going for ice cream or something.
Blake and I knew we had to keep our relationship on the down low. This meant no public appearances, dates or meetings. We arranged that we would meet up at his apartment on the other side of town. The one he had here was too close to Bruno and his friends. It would make it too hard and complicated.
If I was with Bruno there would be no contact between us at all. We would get prepaid phones for the contact we did have, so there was no chance of tracing things that would lead back to us.
I never knew taking revenge would be this hard!

So as we had talked about I would send Bruno a text that night.
It didn’t take long for him to text me back, he wanted to meet tomorrow! Perfect!
“So, the first step to our master plan has been made”, I said to Blake.
“Good!”, he said craning his head to me.
I walked up to him and took a seat next to him on the couch. He put his arm around me and kissed my head.
“That son of a bitch is going to pay!”, he gritted through his teeth.
“Yes, he will…”, I said squeezing my eyes.
That night was the last night Blake would spend at my place.
When the morning arrived we had breakfast together and then he started packing the few things he had here. We went through every drawer, every cabinet and every room until we were sure he didn’t leave anything behind.
If Bruno would only find one thing that was his, he could be suspicious.
“So, the last thing we need to do now is break up”, he said air quoting with his fingers when he said ‘break up’.
“I need to do that in front of Bruno. Or at least he has to know for sure that we broke up..”, I said my voice trailing off.
We both stayed silent, thinking of a good way to make this look real.
“I’ll call you one last time on your regular phone. I’ll ask you to take me back and you’ll say you don’t want me anymore. Something like that..”, he said as he embraced me.
His head was leaning on my head, our bodies slowly rocking.
“Good, that’s good baby.”
“I will get those prepaid phones tomorrow. Make sure you hide it well, especially if you take Bruno home with you or something”, he said pulling his head away from mine to look at me.
“I will baby. Don’t worry”, I assured him.
We gave each other one last hug and then I kissed him goodbye.

I closed the door behind him and got dressed.
Bruno had left a message on my phone, saying he’d pick me up around two.
I looked at myself in the mirror. Was I really ready to start this? Once I would take the first step, there was no turning back.
Opening the crane, I splashed some cold water onto my face.
“Yes, Nat! You can do this!”, I told myself.
Then my eyes spotted the scar on my face, the scar he got me.
My blood was boiling, now I knew again why I wanted this!
He needs to pay for the pain he caused me, he needs to suffer, like he made me suffer!
I smiled at myself after I was done with my make-up.
“Perfect!”
A knock on my door made me aware Bruno was here.

“Showtime.”

“Hi Natalie”, he said shyly as I opened up the door.
“Hey Bruno!”, I said cheerful.
Why was he so shy? He was never shy? He even seemed nervous…
“So are you ready?”, he asked me.
“Yes, we can go”, I said as I grabbed my purse and closed the door behind me.
“How do you like my new car?”, he asked as we got to the parking lot.
“It’s beautiful Bruno!”