Falling back

Chapter 47

Falling back

The days went by quick and Bruno made sure we'd spend it to the fullest.

August was a month of festivals and he had to perform a lot. We knew we wouldn't see each other a lot.

When we went out we knew our pictures were taken but we tried to hide our relationship. If we knew there was paparazzi we acted like we were friends. I made fun with his band members and their friends.

We knew the papers would make their own story anyway, so it was no use to hide from the camera's.

This world was so different from what we were used to. Doors were opened now, which usually would stay closed. We partied with celebrities and models instead of 'normal' people.

Although they weren't as different as you would think. They were people like us too, only they were famous; with all the privileges. I met some celebrities through my job so I was glad not to feel awkward amongst them.

The only thing I didn't like were the drugs and alcohol that were consumed a lot. It almost seemed a normal thing to do when you went to the bathroom.

I'm not against alcohol, but I am against drugs. I don't like them and I don't like it when people use it.

I was glad Bruno and his friends never did any drugs. He did drink from sometimes, but never too much. He told me he knew it wasn't good for him, it would make him aggressive and he didn't want to go back to being that person again.

All these days I didn't see or even spoke to Blake. We did text each other, but those were brief and almost business like. The day Bruno had to leave I decided to go see Blake in his office. We never actually met up there.

I drove up to the building and parked my car.

When I got out I looked up to it. The whole building was made out of glass. It was very high; I think it had 40 floors.

As I had never been here I had no idea where to look for him. I went to receptionist and asked for him. She told me to go up to the 25th floor and ask her co-worker again. I did as she said and I stepped into the fancy elevator.

People were getting in and out on almost every floor. Most of them were business men, wearing perfectly tailored suits and carrying black leather suitcases. All of them were either busy talking on the phone or texting.

I arrived at the 25th floor and stepped out of the elevator. I saw a girl my age sitting behind a desk. She gave me a friendly smile.

"Hello. Can I help you?", she asked.

I smiled back and walked towards her.

"Hi. I'm looking for Blake. I mean Mr. Daniels?", I said placing my hands on the desk.

"Hold on, let me see..", she said as her fingers run across the keyboard.

While waiting I looked around. People were busy walking in and out of their offices. Talking with each other, moving files or getting copies from the copying machine.

"Miss?"

"Yes?"

"I'm afraid he just left 10 minutes ago. Do you want me to tell him you were here?", she asked.

"No.. No thank you. Do you know where he went?", I asked her.

Her fingers ran across the keyboard again and her eyes were locked on the computer screen.

"I'm sorry I don't know."

"Okay, well thank you anyway. Have a nice day. Bye", I said to her and walked away.