We "Were" Friends

Just some hours after the arrival of new allies and Kure's surprise about the panda pastry, our dear protagonist went to have his rest.

The dormitory is quite nice.

Two bathrooms so there won't be mistakes, two windows, one turned to north and the other to the east, and a single wardrobe.

Simple but yet it's all they'll need.

Now, it's the middle of the night; all of them sleeping serenely, Kure is quietly sleeping with his head turned to the window covered in a blanket.

While his sisters where... sleeping in a messy way, Sasebo was twisted in an upside down pose on the bed while Sansebo was... hugging a mini-torpedo...

The silence remained for some minutes but then the door to their room opened.

Kure heard and woke up but pretended to stay sleeping, since he was the light-sleeping type.

He heard steps and they are getting near to him.

They stopped and he could feel someone tall like Kaga or Amagi stand before him.

After seconds he quickly got up going to do an uppercut on the unknown entity.

The entity moved it's head to side making Kure's blow only scratch their cheek. It was Akagi.

She smirked with her calm red eyes as the scratch that Kure made on her cheek started to bleed a bit.

"Good reaction~."

She said and then Kure apologized.

"I'm very sorry for hurting you, my Elder, but... couldn't you at least call me by name?"

"Well... we have a mission for you, and we wouldn't want some 'interference'... not meaning to be rude..."

As she finishes her sentence she looks to his sisters and looks back to him.

"Meet us at the Shrine, but now..."

She glares down on his body that is wearing casual clothes.

"I think it's better you get dressed in proper clothes."

"Will do, my Elder."

Akagi left the room not making a sound as Kure got up and changed clothes and he gazed to the case which held the weapon that Akashi gave him.

He took it and left to the Shrine.

When he arrived and the gates opened, Zuikaku, Shoukaku, Kaga, Akagi, Ayanami, Atago and Takao were already inside.

All eyes turned to Kure.

"Excuse my late arrival... Where is Lady Nagato and Mutsu?"

"They are doing some things... but they will came back soon."

I said, then Lady Kaga answered and turned her face to me.

"Kure, since we have joined forces with the Crimson Axis, we are long, planning an Attack to the Azur Lane Base."

Lady Kaga finished her part and Lady Akagi continued.

"Observer gave us this little thing."

Says Lady Akagi and then she brought up her hand that's holding a Wisdom Cube... but this one was different... it was... black, a bit purple...

". . . What is that?"

"A 'Black Mental Cube'~."

"Observer guaranteed that this little thing could provide us the power to control the Mass-Produced Siren ships."