A Bad Soldier

After hours, the siege was formed around the ruins.

I was resting on Yamashiro's Battleship, along with Zuikaku, Shoukaku, Ayanami, Atago, Takao and my Sister.

Fusou, Furutaka and Kako were on Fusou's Battleship. After I confessed everything to Sasebo, she spent the rest of our journey to this place quiet, not saying a single word.

She's mad at me, 100%... Zuikaku was scouting the ruins with two planes, looking for the hidden maids.

Takao was resting with both of her hands on her standing sword, she didn't left her firm pose. I have to admit, she has patience.

Ayanami was... giving me an uneasy vibe. She's in conflict... well... I guess that me and my Sister are too...

I was sitting on the second turret of the Battleship with my stick under my arms. I stayed quiet with my eyes narrowed.

"Am I being a bad person? I feel like it..." I muttered.

"Everything I've been through, Nagato, my Sisters, Ayanami, Laffey-"

I was interrupted by the sound of skin banging on metal, coming from the tower of the Battleship.

"Ouchiee!" Yamashiro whimpered

"You're okay up there, Yamashiro?" I yelled, looking up to the tower.

"M-my butt is gonna get r-red...!"

I just stayed quiet and turned away right after. After moments, I heard a commotion under the turrets cannon barrel.

I crawled to see and what I saw was Ayanami watching Atago trying to embrace Takao.

"Oh goodness, your shoulders are so tense, do you feel that?" Atago said while slipping her hands on Takao's body.

I made a confused face, narrowing my eyes again.

"Cut it out...!" Takao grumbled.

Takao was insistently trying to leave the embrace, that's when Atago notices Ayanami staring.

"Would you like some too, Ayanami?" She asked, turning her head to Ayanami.

"No thanks, I must respectfully decline." Ayanami answered, bringing her arm up with open hand.

"What am I witnessing."

Atago's ears perked up and then she turned her head up and saw me.

"Kure, do you accept a bit?" Atago asked.

"Respectfully decline."

"Aww-"

Takao finally manged to leave Atago's embrace and swiped her hand back.

"Stop that! We're on a mission!" Takao spoke.

Atago saw it coming and dodged, jumping back.

"What's wrong with you!? Is it that hard to take this seriously?" Takao pressed.

"Yes ma'am~!"

Atago turned to Zuikaku who was still scouting the ruins.

"How's the island looking over there~?" She shouted.

I crawled back to the center of the turret and sat down again. After some minutes, Takao said out loud.

"It's confirmed, Kako received the report from the IronBlood. They're here, Azur Lane is here."

"They're here... Laffey and Javelin." I sighed.

I heard a gasp, I knew who it was. I just ignored and looked down to my stick. I've stayed minutes like that.