The New Tide Of War

Although I managed to save Laffey, Javelin and Ayanami, not everything are flowers, Azur Lane planes followed my plane some minutes after I rescued them.

They didn't open fire or anything like that, they just escorted me making sure I would head to the Azur Lane fleet.

Since... I wasn't willing of bringing Javelin and Laffey to the Sakura Empire... I did as Azur Lane said, I brought them back to their fleet.

Ayanami was unconscious whilst that, so I was practically alone. We were officially declared POW (Prisoner Of War) when we came on board of their ship.

They took care of Ayanami at least, but the fact that I lost Akagi was still on my mind, now that I've became a prisoner, I won't be able to see my friends anymore.

Some days after that, we were already in the Azur Lane Base again, this time, I was just a prisoner.

I watched the entire base from a symbolic white tower that stood on the bay.

"Oh my goodness, there you are." I heard someone say from under.

Since I was sitting on the roof, I had to bend a little to see, I saw under me, the Grey Ghost and on the water a girl wearing a black clothing like a nurse, it seemed.

"We still haven't finished all of your checkups yet!" She yelled to the Grey Ghost.

"I really need you to stay put!"

"Right. Apologies." The Grey Ghost answered.

"Please be honest with me, are you okay?" The girl dressed like a nurse asked.

"I am, but we will have to fight, for now we have no choice, don't you agree?"

The nurse lowered her arms and left, with worry on her eyes, I could see her skidding away.

"I don't understand this... what does it mean Yorktown?" I heard the Grey Ghost say.

Yorktown... if I'm not wrong, that certain person is Grey Ghost's and Hornet's older sister.

"The deceptive beauty of the ocean, the array of emotions attached to my name, nothing makes sense." She finished.

I just gave up on bending and leaned against the tip of roof again, letting out a sigh. I closed my eyes.

"Faith without sense isn't faith, the ocean is our battlefield, but there's still beauty, ever wondered if the seas really wanted be like this?"

I got up.

". . . Of course no, they're not alive. Reckless..."

"It's our job to restore the ocean's true nature, retake our domain by right and kick the Sirens out of our home."

I walked to the edge of the roof and jumped down, landing next to the Grey Ghost, she jumped back as reaction, I just gave her a skeptical look.

She sweatdropped at my expression, I just walked away, leaving the tower and going for the island in the middle of the harbor.

Sometime after I found myself in Akashi's store in Azur Lane, on the beach. I faced her with confusion and she faced me with a smile.

". . . How... the... you know what? I'm not going to question." I said.

"Just so you now, wherever there's business, I am there, nya!" She said.

"At least I'm happy you're okay."

"Meow! Kure cares about me, nya!"

"I regret saying those things..."

I started to look around her store.