May The War Begin

I woke up because of the sunlight that was lighting up my face.

Just moments after, I remembered that this is the day.

Everything that I do in this day, I won't be able to turn back.

My communication device beeped and I picked it up.

"I-400, report."

Lady Kaga started talking, although... why is she calling me by my numbering...?

". . . Kure, reporting."

"Kure, we are in mission, use your numbering as a codename."

". . . Lady Kaga, can I suggest a new codename? Even my numbering can rat me out."

"Its 'Phoenix'... but, Hai, go on..."
(Yes)

"Y/N, reporting."

"Y/N? Hm... you have great creativity."

"Thank you for the compliment, anyways, what is the matter Phoenix?"

"We are starting the attack soon, get ready for any type of situation. Mistakes cannot occur."

"Understood, estimated time of arrival at the designated position is of 33 minutes."

"Great. Standby."

I got up and then ran deep on the mountains, back to the place that I left my submarine.

"Emerge."

I was looking down at the sea and after seconds I saw a little hill of water rising from it.

Then, the water cleared and it was my submarine.

I summoned my rigging and got out of there, I took my binoculars and zoomed on the docks to watch the things for a bit.

I saw Ayanami at the docks, covered by her black coat and up ahead her I saw Cleveland and Prince Of Wales, having a talk, looking at the docks and Town.

They passed by each other and then the wind blew the coat off Ayanami's head and torso but she quickly recovered it.

I put my binoculars back and ran to the water and jumped down, heading to the front of the bay, staying in position.

I waited more minutes and then reported.

"Y/N, reporting. Position reached awaiting orders."

"Standby, we will give you the orders to advance and engage soon."

"Roger."

I dove down to 5 meters and rose my periscope up from my conning tower beside my left shoulder.

The base was still calm, but when I looked back into the deep sea, I saw Siren ships coming up and storm clouds heading towards me and the base.

"The time has come... may the war begin."

After more minutes, Lady Kaga spoke through the device.

"Advance, Y/N."

"Roger, advancing now."

I started to sail underwater in mid-speed, to let the Carriers of Lady Kaga and Akagi pass by me, so they won't suspect how I arrived so fast.

The sea started to tremble.

Then the communications lit up again.

"Join the battle, Y/N."

"Joining..."

Said Lady Kaga and then I answered, I quickly went on full speed towards the bay.

"Let's cause a good impression..."