Twenty-one

Dean's POV

After a hot shower we meet in the garage to load the car and in no time we are on the road again.
"How long is the drive?" Eve asks.
"About 11 hours." Sam replies.
"11 hours? Why can't we fly?"
"No one gets Dean in an airplane." Sam chuckles.
"No, I mean, I could just do it. In a wink of an eye we would be there." and she looks at me, leaning forward.
"No, I prefer driving."
"And what do you do the whole time?"
"Well, research, talk. We will take a break later, "Sam answers," but you know what, here."
He hands me his phone and earbuds.
"I know you like music, so maybe this will let the time pass by faster."
Sam explains to Eve how it works and she leans back, scrolling through his phone. Eileen is reading already and Sam puts out an Ipad. He starts searching the web.
The car is silent now, and my mind travels back to last night. Eve didn't even flinch hearing the words from the waitress. I thought I will get in trouble with her, but she didn't care. Sometimes I think she would understand and accept anything I have ever done.
Suddenly I hear Sam's voice: "Dean, did you hear me?"
"Sorry, what!" I mumble.
"Where have you been? You do know that you are driving right?"
"Yeah, don't worry, I have everything under control." my eyes are glued to the street.
I turn on some music but Sam lowers the volume.
"So?" he says.
"So what?"
"How was your date?"
"It was not a date." my eyes shoot to the mirror, glancing at Eve. She is leaned back, headphones in her ears and eyes closed.
"Oh please, sure it was."
I whisper: "Yeah, maybe."
"What did you say?" Sam pretends he hasn't heard me.
"Maybe it was."
"Maybe??? Dean, I heard you two."
My head snaps towards him. For me personally, I don't care, but I have that feeling Eve wouldn't like that.
Sam chuckles.
"Don't ever tell her that."
"Of course not."
We stop talking for a bit but Sam just don't want to leave me alone.
"Sooo..."
"Not again Sam."
"Am I not allowed to see my brother happy?" he asks with a grin but I don't answer him and he goes on," wait, you are happy, aren't you?"
I remain silent, taking another look at Eve behind me.
"Dean?" Sam wants to drag an answer out of me.
"Listen, yes, I am, ok? Is that enough?"
"What is wrong with you?"
"She saw it, Sammy."
"Saw what?
"Everything, everything I have been through, everything I have done. The good and the bad. It's a wonder she didn't jump out of my bed immediately."
I explain to Sam what Eve told me about her vision, or however this is called.
"And you think she will judge you?"
"That day will come, I need to do something again, something will happen and she will see the monster that lives inside me."
"Don't be ridiculous. You are not a monster and she knows that. She is an angel, she can see right through a human. If she would think you are a monster, she wouldn't be involved."
"She is involved because she fell out of heaven with me."
"I mean involved with you, you ass. Do you think she is just around because of Jesse? Dear God, Dean, she could have left and gone back to heaven, she just didn't want to. Don't you see the way she looks at you?"
"She looks at you the same, even at Eileen." I try to deny what Sam says.
"She smiles at us, yes, but when she looks at you, man Dean, next time I will record it for you, so you have proof. And, I can't believe I'm saying that out loud, she had sex with you."
"Well, I had sex with an angel before."
Sam slaps the back of my head.
"Ouch, what was that for?"
"Because you are an idiot. But, Eve hadn't and she wasted it on you."
"Hey," I shout out offended," it was not a waist, I was awesome. She was awesome, I mean..." grinning I stop talking, seeing Sam's arched eyebrow.
"That's what I wanted to hear," and with a grin, Sam leans back in his seat.
I now see what he did there. He just wanted me to admit at least one thing.
"Well played," I mumble and for the next few hours, we go on driving in silence.
After around six hours, I search for the next motel, to get a break. My eyes are heavy and my body stiff.
In no time we booked two rooms. Again and still it is a strange feeling to not share a room with Sam.
But when I spot Eve roaming through the rooms again, reminding me why Sam and me don't share anymore.
"You really enjoy motels, do you?"
She looks back at me: "Well, it's exciting, to see so many different things, even if it's just a small room. Look at the walls, the pattern, it's so..."
"So old." I finish her sentence.
"It maybe is, that doesn't mean it isn't pretty." she smiles and steps towards me.
I toss my arms around her waist, looking down at her: "As much as would like to spend the night differently, I really do need some sleep."
"Is driving exhausting?"
"A little. Eyes on the road, concentrating the whole time. It makes you tired."
"I see. Then sleep. I will try to make some research. I can do that with my phone, too, right?"
"You can, but Sam can do it too."
"No, it's ok. I like to do that."
I nod and start to get rid of my shoes and jeans. Eve sits beside me on the bed and she starts to work on her phone. Her palm is placed on my shoulder when I fall asleep.
Deep in the night, I wake up, startled from a nightmare. It feels odd, because since I spend the nights with Eve, I hadn't any nightmares. I turn, just to see Eve isn't in bed anymore. Her phone lies on the nightstand. I put on a light, but the room is empty.
"Eve?" I shout out her name, but no answer. I feel panic rising and I shoot out of bed, bursting the bathroom door open, but she isn't there either.
"Son of a bitch."
I throw on my clothes and head over to Sam's room and knock rapidly.
It takes him a second to open. I can see he was asleep.
"So, Eve isn't here either?"
Sleepy he answers:" What? No, why would she? Isn't she with you?"
"Would I ask if that's the case?"
"Dean, maybe she got hungry? She is a foodie like you."
"I would have noticed if she would have left the room through the door."
Sam looks at me confused:" You mean, she vanished? Why?"
"I don't fucking know."
"Have you tried calling her?"
"Her phone is still here."
"Ok, wait, I will dress shortly."
I nod and head back to my room, grabbing the gun under my pillow.
Walking out again, I hear a noise like a wing beat.
I shoot around, seeing Even standing in the middle of the room.
"Where the hell have you been?" I yell at her.
She flinches at my harsh tone and starts to apologize:" I'm sorry, I just wanted to check something and I don't want to wake you. I...I'm sorry..."
My anger changes into relief and I go, tuck her in my arms. I squeeze her tight and hear her mumbling again:" Sorry."
"What was so urgent you needed to vanish in the middle of the night?"
"I maybe found something."
Then Sam steps in, saying: "Seems like you found her."
I let go of Eve. "Sorry, Sam, I guess I..."
"Overreacted?" Sam completes my sentence. I just nod slightly.
"I don't want to worry anyone, sorry Sam."
He makes a gesture and says:" Don't worry, I'm just glad you are back."
"So, you said you found something?" I ask Eve.
"Yes, maybe. Did you know that Columbus was not the first European to set foot on this continent?"
"Yeah, historians found out, the Vikings were here way before." Sam answers.
Eve nods:" Exactly. And when I did the research right, on one of their ships, a missionary came along with. No idea how he managed but, yeah."
Sam and I look at her, and Sam says: "What does that..."
But Eve interrupts him: "Wait, there is more."
"Wait, wait, wait, it's three in the morning. We have a few hours left to drive tomorrow. Can we discuss that later?"
Sam glance at me:" Dean, this is the information we might need."
"I know, but dude, I'm tired."
"It's ok, "Eve replies," I will tell you all tomorrow. Then Eileen will have the information too. Go back to bed. And Sam, thank you." she goes over to hug him.
"Everytime." he answers and after we nod towards each other, he heads back to his room.
Eve turns back to me.
"Don't ever do that again." I grumble.
"But, I..." she starts but I stop her, by holding up a palm.
"I know, and you can do, but just tell me. Waking up in the middle of the night, seeing you missing, that feeling is..." and I wave my hands around.
Eve still stands near the door and I can see the guilt on her face. I don't want her to apologize anymore, but I can feel there will come another one.
"I'm..."
"Stop, you don't need to apologize."
"But..."
"No, Eve."
"Oh, ok." she whiffs and looks down to her feet.
I close the distance between us and clutch her face, making her look at me.
I search her face for a second, before I lean down and capture her lips. I feel her hands on my waist. She grabs my shirt.
Slowly I start to walk backward, pulling her with me, until my legs hit the edge of the bed.
I sit down, drawing her onto my lap.
Eve's lips leave mine and she whispers: "You wanted to sleep."
"I know," I mumble back, fondling under her shirt and stroking her skin, "maybe we have a few spare minutes."
She giggles and I remove her shirt from her body. I lean against her skin, inhaling her scent.
"Hey," she breathes out," it's your turn."
I chuckle and she makes a little space between us so that I can get rid of my shirt.
Her fingertips glide over my chest slowly. A shiver runs over my skin and I make her kiss me again, by grabbing her by her back.
I slowly glide onto the sheets, pulling her down with me.
My palms roam over her skin, till I find the lock of her bra. I unclasp it and Eve let her arms glide out of it.
I cup her breasts, massaging them slowly. Eve lets out a little moan, and I feel her teats going stiff.
With my hands around her waist, I flip us over. I start to open her jeans and shove it plus her panties down, before I get out of my jeans as well.
I kneel in front of her, licking my lips, seeing her naked. I hover over her once more to kiss her.
I start to kiss my way down, from her throat, teasing her breasts over her belly down to her labia.
I hover over her sweet spot and look up to her once more.
"Dean, what..." but before she can ask, I let my tongue glide through her.
"Oh my...." she whimpers and her body moves under my touch.
I feel Eve's palms on my head, playing with my hair.
I soak and lick over her clit and feel how she shoves herself against me. My movements get stronger and faster until I can hear her whine out.
"Oooooh....oooooh..." the grip on my hair gets tighter while her orgasm flashes through her.
When her legs stop shaking, I kiss her thighs and get up to meet her lips again, and I place my middle between her legs.
My cock hovers over her entrance and Eve places her palms on my butt, shoving me nearer, till I'm buried inside her.
My face is leaning against her cleavage, and my hips start to rock. Eve moans quietly and I look at her, while moving inside her. Her head is stretched back, eyes closed and her mouth slightly open. She breathes heavily, rhythmically to the moves I make.
My right hand travels to her leg, shoving it up under the hollow of her knee, so I can push myself deeper inside her.
I feel I can't hold on much longer and I start thrusting more frantically.
I feel her walls clenching around me, which makes me go almost crazy.
I groan out before she reaches her climax, which makes her cry out loud.
"Dean..." she breathes heavily. I lock my gaze with her, while she slowly comes down, so now I can let go. I empty myself inside her, gasping for air.
Eve slings her arms around me, and I need a second getting the strength back to move me out and fall beside her onto the bed.
"Now, we can sleep." I say, still out of breath. I pull her towards me to cuddle up. We kiss deeply once again, before we finally get some more sleep.