2. First Day As Adventurer

"You're awake?" asks the beggar man.

Zhong Li nods his head. He blushes when he notices he's trapped in his arms.

The beggar releases him.

Zhong Li tries to sit. He hisses. He has numerous wounds on his chest and arms. If this man hadn't saved him, he would be a goner.

The beggar puts his money pouch into his hand.

He explains, "Took 300 moras to buy your medicine and bandages."

"Thank you."

"Come on. I'll show you the way to the Inn."

The beggar leads Zhong Li through back alleys. Took a shortcut. They finally arrive in front of the Inn.

Zhong Li asks, "Could you please wait here? I wanna reward you."

"Okay."

Zhong Li changes his dirty clothes into a clean set. He washes his face with water provided in basin. He leaves his room after taking money with him.

He takes 2,000 moras from his pouch and shoves it to the beggar's hands.

He says, "Thank you. Please take this money to buy foods and other necessities."

The beggar chuckles and accepts it. He kinda earned this reward money. He turns around. He is leaving when Zhong Li blocks him.

"Excuse me, Sir. You forgot to tell me your name."

"Childe. That's what people around here called me."

"Childe. That's a nice name. Nice to meet you. I'm Zhong Li from Li Yue."

They shake hands.

(Zhong Li)

Zhong Li smiles while walking back to the Inn.

Childe has accepted the money. He uses it to buy foods and a jacket. He also buys a long sword. A man can't fight without a decent weapon.

Can't afford a good one. This dull blade shall be sufficient for now.

His eyes longed for a bow in display. He shakes his head. Can't afford one right now. Arrows cost too much money.

To think he will be broke like this. Fate is a cruel Mistress.

Next step is joining Adventure Guild. He got into the right building after asking around. The locals are very friendly to strangers. Unlike dwellers from other cities.

"Welcome to Monstadt."

This slogan is often shouted by locals to greet foreigners like him.

Cyrus, the Guild Master squints his eyes. He got a feeling the guy in front of him is a dangerous breed.