25. Duel

"Here, eat some apples," offers Childe with a smile.

"Thank you."

"Be my boyfriend. I promise won't let you starve."

Zhong Li looks another way. He almost said yes. He ain't easy target to pursue. He won't fall to his temptation this easily.

Ying - Er suggested never date a man too easily. He won't cherish you if he got you too fast.

Childe doesn't give up that easily. He offers some berries to Zhong Li. The latter munches them.

Zhong Li frowns and complaints, "Too sour..."

A sweet flower is stuffed into his mouth. Sweet and sour taste blended in his mouth. Felt like eating freshly made berry jam.

One thing he must admit. Childe could make many tasty things taken from mother nature.

Childe suggests, "One Cor Lapis every month? Bonus from me as a lover."

"Stop acting like a Sugar Daddy. I'm not that cheap. At least ten shall be needed."

Childe scratches his head. If he got his old bank account back, 20 Cor Lapis would be a cinch for him.

Alas!

He is too poor right now. Unable to chase his lover properly.

He hugs Zhong Li and kisses his cheek.

He promises, "Wait until my business grow steadily. I'll buy more gems for you as snacks."

Zhong Li blushes and pushes him away. He doesn't hate this kind of skinship.

Childe reluctantly releases him. He grabs his bow when he notices a boar not too far ahead of them.

An arrow is shot and nearly strikes down a guy who shows up from behind trees.

A deadly glare from Yaksha Xiao sends shiver to his spine.

If he wasn't a Harbinger, the killing intent might make him pissed his pants.

Childe bends his body and presses his hands together.

"I'm sorry! I were aiming that boar!"

Zhong Li shakes his head. Even him could tell the apology wasn't earnest enough.

Xiao points his lance to Childe's neck. The latter only smirks while lifting his  hands as a surrender gesture.

The Yaksha lowers down his weapon. He hates this spineless human. No fun in killing a wimp.

Their journey continues until sunset.

Childe cooks dinner. Flaunting his rich cooking experiences in front of his future boyfriend.

He asks, "Be my boyfriend, okay? I'll cook you healthy delicious meal everyday."

Zhong Li stays silent. He tastes the meal with his chopsticks. Taste delicious. Better than his own cooking.

Childe frowns while looking at his bowl. Li Yue has a lot of tasty dishes. He only hates the dining tools.

Why can't they invent spoon and fork?

He stabs his meal and eats his dinner clumsily.

I give up! Chopsticks are my worst enemy.

A brilliant idea strikes him. He needs to find Wagner in Monstadt. This could be a good improvement for his restaurant.

It's late and they need to rest for the night. Childe sets up traps around the campsite.

Some ropes and bells will do. These things will alarm them if there was ambush.