34. Scaramouche's Past

"I'm sorry for my bad behaviors last night. I'm very rude," apologizes Ayato to his guests.

He blushes deeply. It ain't his style to hug a stranger in public, declaring love. He swears never drink too much anymore.

Childe comments, "We do many things when we are drunk. Nothing new."

Ayato coughs and looks very embarrassed. He has treated Zhong Li and Childe to a dinner meal as apology.

Ayaka, his little sister apologizes, "My brother is a lightweight drinker. Dunno why he suddenly drank and acted crazy."

Childe chuckles. He got a hunch it's connected to Thouma. The latter is still busy serving them. He is preparing ingredients for a hot pot.

Zhong Li is the only one without a smile among them. His eyes dart toward Kamisato Ayato. Putting a surveillance so he can't seduce his boyfriend, Childe.

Ayaka smiles.

Childe and Thouma look alike. It feels like seeing twins right in front of her.

There is a big difference though. Thouma looks sweet and harmless. Nice guy type.

Childe smiles a lot. His sweet smile is total opposite to his cunning mind. This is bad boy. Dangerous person.

Thouma serves the hot pot soup.

As the host, Ayato uses a chopstick to dip ingredients into the big pot.

Childe chuckles and shakes his head. Chopsticks are created to torture him.

Zhong Li asks, "What do you want to eat?"

"Some lambs. Beefs. Yes. Those fish balls."

Zhong Li dips the ingredients into the pot. He serves them to Childe. His boyfriend smirks while eating them.

They chat during dinner.

Ayato asks, "So, what bring you to Inazuma?"

Zhong Li replies, "My little sister runaway from home. We are convinced she came here."

Ayaka asks, "Did her father force her to marry someone she doesn't like?"

Childe laughs heartily. Zhong Li smiles sheepishly.

The Inazuman folks look confused.

Childe confesses, "Nothing like that. She's only seventeen years old."

"In Inazuma, parents already arranged marriage when one reached fifteen years old," explains Lady Ayaka.

"No. She's very devoted person. She came here...to sell... coffins."

Thouma chuckles.

He complaints, "My ears are deceiving me. I heard you said coffins."

"That's what I said."

The Inazuma folks are quiet.

Zhong Li explains, "Our Wang Sheng funeral parlor is specialist in coffins and burial items. She heard there's a war going on here..."

Ayato coughs. She is one silly girl to think selling coffins in a country torn by internal war.

Ayaka smiles. These young men don't have it easy. Travelling many miles to look for her.

Thouma says,"Tenryou Commission won't issued permits easily for foreigners. Our Shogun is thinking to seal off this nation from outlanders."

Childe scratches his head.

He asks, "If we bribed them..."

"You will be arrested. All your wealth will be confiscated. People have been detained before."