23. Love Rivals?

Two men are sitting in sitting room in a house behind Wangsheng funeral parlor. The older one is Zhong Li's father.

He has asked a meeting with Childe during his son's absence.

Zhong Yue squints his eyes. He is eyeing the handsome man in front of him. He looks cheerful and harmless as usual.

Hu Tao said this man killed a bunch of Treasure Hoarders without blinking his eyes.

A dangerous man.

Sly fox. Not suitable for his son, the dumb bunny.

Of course, his father never told Zhong Li about his opinion. That he thinks him as a helpless naive bunny.

(Childe in Zhong Yue's mind)

Zhong Yue asks, "Have you finished your business in this city?"

"Not yet."

"My son isn't too bright. He failed to see your true nature. I hope you will loose contact with him."

"Oh? Are you willing to pay?"

Childe smirks.

I never thought I would run into this script.

Future mother in law slapped money to her son's girlfriend. Demanding her to break up.

It's a popular drama in Snezhnaya. The play was still going when he had to leave on a mission.

"Sir, don't look for troubles. I have many connections in this city. I could assure you that you wouldn't be welcome if..."

"Is that a warning? Unfortunately I love adrenaline rush. More challenges are better for me."

They glare at each others.

Suddenly Capt. Wu rushes into the room.

He yells frantically, "Zhong Li drowned! I can't found him!"

Childe rises to his feet instantly. His face looks a bit pale.

Zhong Yue asks, "What happened? That kid can't swim!"

"I took him for a fishing trip... We didn't sail far from the harbor... I dived in but can't find him..."

Childe has rushed out without waiting for further explanation.

Stupid! You can't die yet! Don't you wanna be my lover? We didn't even roll in bed yet... Don't die...

His mind is in mess. His feet seem to run on their own to the pier.

Childe is going to dive into the sea.

A large explosion and a man walks out of the sea. He literally walks on water like ancient God. He is carrying an unconscious man.

"Zhong Li!" yells Childe.