28. My Ex-lover

It's a bright sunny morning. They are finally going to say goodbye to Monstadt.

Childe left after receiving money from Marjorie. He promised to send more perfumes and lotions to her in monthly basis.

He grabs Zhong Li and they hide behind a tree when a certain guy passes.

Zhong Li glances at him. A handsome young man. He looks a bit innocent. He is wearing Inazuman style of clothing.

He asks, "You know him?"

"My worst enemy. I prefer not to meet him anymore."

"Oh..."

Scaramouche looks back. He feels he's being watched. He sees Zhong Li. Their gazes meet.

Zhong Li looks away and stares to a man standing behind a tree.

Scaramouche couldn't see his face from his present spot. He is going to approach them.

Agent #103 calls, "Sir. We must keep going. We are already late for our appointment."

"I know."

Scaramouche walks away.

Agent #103 tilts his head. He stares at the tree but says nothing. He quickly follows his new Boss. He just hopes his old Boss won't meet his Nemesis again.

It's the only thing he could do for Tartaglia.

After the Fatui left, Childe exhales. He got his Vision back. He doesn't want to face Scaramouche again.

His heart still felt pain whenever he sees that young man. His first love. Stabbed him from the back.

Severe psychological effects. Made him lost his Vision.

Childe smiles and plants a kiss on Zhong Li's forehead.

My lover and my savior. You made me trust love again.

Childe knows his fear prevented him from wielding his Vision. After accepting his love, he regained it back. Only brave ones could use Vision. It's the common truth.

Scaramouche climbs up to city gate. He is having a secret meeting with a Favonious knight.

The guard looks nervous. His name is Guy, a gatekeeper who guards side gate of Monstadt.

Guy asks, "No one will know about this, will they?"

"Of course not. No worries."

Scaramouche smiles sweetly.

Agent #103 who stands next to him shivers.

This psychopath always smiles like this before he lies a finger on his victim.

Guy, the Knight sighs. He scratches his head. He needs money to pay medical bills. His father has fallen ill.

The Fatui agent knew about it and approached him few days ago.

Guy asks, "All I need is to let your goons into the city?"

"Yes. That's correct."

"Okay. I'm in. You can't let anyone know about this."

Scaramouche says with a bright smile, "Of course. We Fatui always help our allies."

Agent #103 offers a large sack of moras and Guy accepts it. It's kinda heavy. The Fatui is well known for their generosity.

The Knight has left.

Scaramouche says with a bright smile on his face.

He comments,"After we smuggled all our goods in, eliminate him."