12. Chang The Ninth

Childe carries the boy in his arms. Fortunately many beastmen dwell in Li Yue Harbor. The dragon boy doesn't look weird mingled with the crowd.

He asks, "Your name?"

"Zhong Li."

"Nice name."

The boy is pouting. It's clear this man doesn't remember him at all. He points to a certain building located at the end of an alley.

"Home."

Childe looks toward a peculiar shop. The sign reads as Wangsheng funeral parlor.

He shakes his head.

This kid must be muddled headed one. How could he live in a funeral home? Does he live in a coffin or something?

Zhong Li points again.

He adds, "Home."

He laments his weak body. He has to use many strength just to speak few words.

"Nope. We won't live in a coffin. Let's find a better place."

Childe caresses his small butt. He has taken few siblings when he's younger.

He comments, "Don't be shy. Tell me if you needed to pee or bigger business."

Zhong Li blushes. He curses this rude man in his heart. Touching his butt like that. He still wants his dignity as a shou.

He struggles while yelling, "Let me down!"

Childe has no choice to put him down. The naughty boy dashes away.

"Hey, wait!"

You still owed me a lot of money! Don't you dare to dine and dash!

Childe chases him.

The boy kept on running while looking backwards. He bumps into an old man during his running.

"Let me go!"

The old man has caught him.

Childe walks toward them. He smiles politely. The usual business smile.

He greets, "Good afternoon, Gentleman. Thank you for catching this little rascal."

Chang The Ninth used to be a shrewd businessman. He could tell this man isn't an honest fellow. His smile is too polite. His body gestures have been honed not to tell what's crossed his mind.

The old man looks down to the dragon boy. The little bun looks scared and tries to break free again.

Childe puts a hand on his sword hilt.

He threatens, "Let him go, old man. Don't wanna hurt you."

"When I were doing business in Li Yue Harbor, you were still in your diapers, boy."

Chang the Ninth snorts.

Childe taps on the hilt. It will be a breeze in the park to kill this man. After all, he doesn't look tough. He doesn't want to involve with the Milieth.

Everyone said the patrol guards (Milieth) are a bunch of tough guys.

Childe calls, "Zhong Li, come here. You wanna eat Grilled Tiger fish, don't you?"

"Yes!"

He struggles but couldn't break free from his grasp.

"Let me go!"

The old man scolds, "I'm going to tell your father you mingled with a shady folk. Let's see how he punished you."

The boy looks wilted.