20. Berserk

"Watch out!" yells Zhong Li.

He shields Childe from an ambush to his back.

Childe slays the Treasure Hoarder in one slash. He checks up on Zhong Li.

He asks worriedly, "You okay?"

"Yeah..."

Zhong Li looks a bit pale. His body moves on his own. Blood is seeping out from his shoulder wound.

Childe takes off his bandana and presses it to the wound.

He orders, "Hang in there. I'm going to clean them up."

Childe tightens his grip on his sword. This time he won't let any of them escaped. Not after Zhong Li got injured.

Thouma shudders.

It's a strong killing intent. Even a seasoned fighter like him felt scared.

Hu Tao squints her eyes. She can't be nice. Not after Zhong Li got hurt. The guy is their inverse scale. She burns their enemies on spot.

They don't deserve good coffins. All of them got cremated.

Thouma squats and tends to Zhong Li's wound.

Ten minutes later all the bandits are dead.

The Inazuman Duo don't help much. Ito yawns. He's bored. With Childe and Hu Tao in team, he doesn't have any chance to shine.

This journey is supposed to temper his fighting skills. So he could win in his next friendly duel with Kamisato Ayato.

They have arrived in Wuwang Hill after walking for another hour. They are staying in one of the intact houses in the village.

Most buildings have collapsed. Leaving few of them available for living.

The Village Chief has accepted their donated Coffins and money.

Childe donated his piles of potatoes and salted fish.

Childe asks, "How do you feel?"

"I'm hungry. Feed me."

Childe sighs. Zhong Li has been acting like a baby since he got hurt. He even asked to be feed.

"Your hands are okay. You should eat on your own."

"Ugh...my shoulder hurts..."

Childe resigns to his fate and feeds him as usual. Zhong Li smirks and opens his mouth.

Ito leaves the spot. Too much dog foods aren't good for single dog like him.

Childe holds Zhong Li's arm and examines it.

He asks, "What happened to your hands?"

"Dunno. It's like this after I got wounded."

Childe scratches his chin.