His Loss, My Gain (Mephilver) Pt. 3

Mephilver's P.O.V

I hoped he was still all the way out here. Every time Silver was upset, he would run off into the woods to a treehouse that he built when we were kids. I've known Silver since we were both 6-years-old. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember.

He's... He's also been my crush since I turned 12. I never had the courage to tell him though for the fear of him no longer being my friend. When he started dating Silver... I was so heartbroken. I couldn't believe I lost Silver to some idiotic jackal. But I couldn't bring myself to be angry towards either of them. For the first time in a while... my best friend was so happy and joyful.

How could I take that away? At first, it wasn't bad. Until... Silver told and even invited him to our treehouse. I was so angry when Silver told him about it. It had always been our place. But at the end of the day, I knew I was only hurt.

First Silver's heart belonged to someone else... Now that someone hurt him and left him in tears. The very first time Silver came to me when Infinite first broke his heart, he couldn't stop sobbing for the entire night. After a long hike in the forest, I found the treehouse. There was a small ladder that I used to climb to the top. When I reached the top, the first thing I saw was Silver huddled in the corner in a ball. There seemed to be some sort of force field around him.

Cautiously, I walked over and tapped on the shield to get his attention. "GO AWAY!" he yelled. "I HATE YOU!" I took a deep breath and sat on my knees. "Silv... it's me." I reassured. Quickly, he turned around and his eyes softened. "M-Mephiles! I'm s-so sorry!" he whimpered, putting down his shield. "It's okay. How are you holding up?"

I really shouldn't have asked. Instantly he started sobbing again. Tears streamed down his peach-colored muzzle as he crawled over towards me. I allowed him to cuddle into me as I stroked his quills. "W-Why m-me?! W-What did I do w-wrong? I-I did everything he asked f-for! I never c-cheated! N-Never lied to h-him! I l-loved him with all my heart! Tell me Mephiles! What did I do that was so horrible?" he cried.

As he cried, I rubbed circles on his back to soothe him which was working to an extent. "Shhh. It'll be okay Silv... don't cry over this asshole." I said softly. "I only wanted someone to love me... why's that so much to ask for..?" he asked, his voice trembling. I blushed purple, knowing how badly I wanted to tell him how much I loved him for so many years. But this definitely wasn't the right time.

"Someone does love you Silv. I promise you that much. Just give it time." "No! Don't give me all that bullshit Mephiles! You know Infinite was all I had! He meant everything to me! My life felt complete! And... And then he went a ruined it... So don't tell me lies! No one will ever love me like that ever again! You'll never understand!"

"Despite what you think and feel Silv... I do understand. My heart's been broken before. I'll be here for you. I'm on your side." I told him. But he only got angrier. "Shut up Mephiles! You don't! You've never had someone love you like you were the only thing in the world! You've never had someone care about you like there's no limit! You've never wanted anyone over anything! You've never sobbed endlessly because that special someone abandoned you! You've never wanted anyone over anything!"

So this is what he thinks of my help? He just throws it out the window!? I was so annoyed. Because I didn't want to hear how my help meant nothing, I pushed Silver away from me and looked away. I heard a few sniffles and whimpers. "M-Mephiles?" he asked me timidly. "Hmph." I replied roughly. "Mephiles I'm sorry!" he cried. "Are you really? I try to help you and all you want to do is yell at me..." I sighed. "I a-am! I'm sorry! I-I know you try! Please I didn't mean to hurt you!" he cried.

I still wouldn't look back. All I wanted was Silver's heart but I knew it was impossible at this point. "Mephy... Mephy I'm sorry!" he whimpered again, trying to get me to turn around. Mephy... he knows I love that nickname... I started to turn around but I didn't look at him. "Mephy I didn't mean to! I'm sorry! I'm s-s-sorry!" he cried, yanking on my sleeves. I turned around and embraced him in a hug.

"Calm down... I'm not angry. Relax now for me okay?" I told him. "B-But how could you still be on my side?! I-I'm such a screw u-up! H-How can you even care about m-me after I was so mean?!" he sobbed. "Silver it's okay!" I reassured. "No! Mephiles it's not!" he cried. "Don't try to excuse my-!"

I had enough.

I  grabbed him somewhat roughly, pulled him in close to me, then quickly locked lips with him. For so long I've wanted to do this but I haven't had the courage to do so.

Silver tried to push away for a second before he relaxed. In fact, he put his arms around me, embracing my kiss. I never took my lips off of his as I pinned him firmly against the treehouse floor. He seemed to be loving every minute of it. I held him tight once more as I used my tongue to explore every part of his mouth. I heard him softly moan as my hands stroked his thighs.

Finally, I broke the kiss and looked him deep into his eyes. "Silver... I..." I said before looking away. "M-Mephiles! What... What was that about..? " he asked me. His face was bright red and I could tell he was beyond surprised to know I loved him. "Listen... Silv... I'm in love with you... I have been... for quite some time actually... I just never had the guts to tell you. I don't know how you feel about me... But love you more than anything. Whatever you want to do is your choice."

"How could I not see your feelings for me..?" he questioned, still stunned. "I made sure you wouldn't know. I didn't want to ruin things for you and Infinite at the time. I just knew my feelings couldn't hide anymore after today." I replied. Just as things got quiet, Silver pulled me closer and kissed me happily once more. "Mephy... I love you too." he sighed.

My heart skipped a beat hearing those words. I feel like we didn't need any more words. I dominated Silv to show him that from here forward he was mine.

Who would've thought Infinite's loss would've been my gain.