Lonely Night? (Shadouge)

Despite this evening being crowded with partygoers, it felt empty to one. Rouge sat at the bar sipping her drink before slamming the glass down on the counter. Her makeup, specifically her mascara, was barely staining underneath her eyes. She had a rough day as usual. But even more so after being duped on her would-be date. Once again she had been tricked into going on a date. She had waited for them for over an hour before realizing he was never planning to come.

Figuring it out fairly quickly, Rouge left and went to the nearest bar where she wanted to distract herself. Of course, she wasn't surprised by it. It hadn't been the first. Still, every time it happened, Rouge felt a little bit more helpless in finding love. The bartender refilled her drink seeing her glass empty.

"Cheer up, it could be worse." he said and walked away from his post to tend to the others coming over. When he walked away, she guzzled down another glass. Rouge had already had a few drinks before then she was already feeling dizzy. Her cheeks turned a little red and she was already given another drink. A few of the guys were noticing as she began to stand up and was wobbling as she walked. "Hey, look at that. That girl is definitely wasted." one whispered. Another sighed sympathetically. "Poor girl. You already know she's been through some shit."

Rouge grumbled to herself as she began to walk out of the area. The place was crowded with others, she was struggling to get through to the end. She tripped on something in front of her making her curse. "Stupid patrons." she added before getting up. With some effort, she managed to get out of the area. Hanging onto herself, Rouge stumbled outside where she saw people smoking outside.

They whistled and teased her for how she was acting that night. "Well well, you lookin' fine tonight baby!" one said to her. "Whew she's great!" another said, followed by another one whistling. Disgusted by his language, Rouge hobbled off into the distance. That night it was colder than it usually was. She shivered as she walked down the street trying to catch a cab on the other side of where she was.

Rouge sat down on a bench as her legs were about to buckle underneath her. Only now did she see a message on her phone.

Cano
Hey sorry. I meant to cancel the date earlier but my phone died. I don't think it's going to work out though. I hope you have better luck.

Frustrated, Rouge shoved her phone into her dress pocket. The cabs that were in the area didn't stop for her even as she tried waving them down. There was a large puddle in the street and cars would barely roll in it, splashing up the water a little bit. When Rouge stepped out to wave down another one that drove by, it hit the puddle rapidly that water splashed up before soaking her to the bone. "UGH! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!" Rouge shouted, stomping on the ground.

The dress she was wearing was ruined. Sighing, Rouge sat back down on the bench. "This is officially the worse night ever..." she sighed, looking down in her lap. She held herself, feeling herself shivering. Just as she thought she was going to be stuck out there in the night alone, she felt some looming presence nearby. Feeling uneasy, she looked to the side wondering what it was. A black and red hedgehog looked at her with calm crimson eyes. Flashing him a look of annoyance, Rouge finally said, "Can I help you? Or are you just going to keep staring at me?"

Without answering, the hedgehog sat next to her. Creeped out, Rouge used one of her wings to put more space between them. "What the hell!?" she snapped. "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you," he reassured her. He then handed her something. Rouge barely pulled back her wing to see what it was. It was a fairly big jacket. "You looked cold." he added. Noticing that he was waiting for her to do something, Rouge grabbed the jacket and folded her wings to wrap it around her shoulders.

"You don't even know me. Why?" she asked. He flashed her a look before darting his eyes to the road. "Do you need a ride?" he asked, completely ignoring her question. Bewildered by his questioning, she blushed and looked down at the ground. "I can get one myself." she replied harshly. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want you to get home safely. Especially with that guy over there watching you." he said pointing in the direction of the dark.

Instantly, Rouge's eyes widened. One of the guys had followed her from the entrance of the club she had been to. Angered, the hedgehog placed an arm around her while looking at the guy with gritted teeth. Receiving the message clearly, he ran off fearfully. Ashamed, Rouge's ears flattened against her skull. "My name's Shadow." he said, reaching out to shake her hand. "Um... Rouge..." she replied back, gently taking his hand.

For a minute, they just stared into the others' eyes wondering if they could look away. "So about that ride," Shadow began, interrupting Rouge's thoughts. A limo pulled up beside the nearby curb. "Can I give you a lift?" Still worried, Rouge stood up and began to turn away. "You don't have to feel sorry for me. I'm not telling you where I live anyways." she hissed. Shadow then grabbed her arm. "My place it is then." he said and gently pulled her to the vehicle.

They left together in the vehicle. Shadow gladly gave Rouge the space she desired and let her help herself to the champagne in the side holder. When they made it to his house, Rouge almost spit out in his limo out of shock. "You live here?!" she asked stunned. In front of her was a massive mansion that seemed way too big for just one person to be living in. "Yes, I do, along with some of my family. But, you're welcome here tonight." Shadow replied.

The limo driver eventually pulled up to the front. They got out to open the door for Shadow who stepped out first. Shadow himself went around to open the door for Rouge who was rather nervous about it. He offered her his hand. Feeling her cheeks turn red, the gloved hand eventually grabbed his. Together they walked to the entrance. But being too busy taking in the whole exterior of the house, Rouge didn't pay attention to the loose part in the ground.

For a minute she didn't notice. By the time she did, it was too late. The thin part of her heel got stuck causing her to fall forward. Taken off guard, Shadow immediately bent down to make sure she was okay. "You alright?" he asked concerned. When she looked up again, she had a small scratch on her face. "I'm f-fine." she groaned. Shadow helped her get up off the ground.

But the minute Rouge put pressure on her foot, she cried out in pain. "Great, I think I sprained it." she cursed. "Here, let me help you." Shadow said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I can walk just fine, thank you!" she snapped.

Stepping forward, Rouge only felt the pain sheer through her foot. She hissed in pain. Shadow caught this. Rolling his eyes, he carefully lifted her up. "Hey! What are you-" Rouge began before turning bright red. Shadow carried her bridal style to his house. "Calm down already. I won't ever hurt you." he promised, gently handling the moon white bat.

Seeing how calm his demeanor was, Rouge soon melted in his grip. Soon, she laid her head against his shoulder, closing her eyes.