The Emerald Tattoo (Knuxouge)

Every day at the gym I always saw the same arrogant and bulky Echidna. I never knew his name but every day I always grew more and more tired of seeing him lift the same weights and run the same treadmills every day. He has some of the most unbearable workout partners I could look at too. He hangs out with a blue hedgehog, a yellow two-tailed fox, and a green crocodile. Meanwhile, I'm trying my best to make something of myself with my own effort.

"Hey Rouge! How's it going?" Amy greeted me as she walked over to me. "Oh, nothing much hun! Just getting warmed up!" I replied as I picked up a pair of dumbbells. "Honestly, I contemplated coming here today! Work's been on my case lately but I'm so glad I made it!" she replied. "Oh, hun! Trust me when I say I needed this workout! I've been so cramped inside my classes for this new job I'm looking at and it's been very stressful."

She giggled. Then all of the sudden, she knocked into me accidentally. As I looked to the side, I watched as the four of them were walking in different directions to head to the other end of the gym. Amy huffed as I glared at their group. "Ugh, I can't stand them." I huffed. "You can't stand anyone!" Amy teased me. "I would be able to if those rock heads would care about anyone but themselves." Amy rolled her eyes. "What do you think of them though?" I looked at her confused. "What do you mean? I think they're all awful."

"No, silly, that's not what I meant. I just think underneath all that bulk that they're kinda cute!"

"We must be talking about different guys here. I hardly find anything attractive about boys who have rocks for brains."

"Aw but Rouge! I kinda like the blue one! He's rather cute! The yellow one is pretty adorable, I could see Cream being bashful around that one. And the green one is okay, but he looks so ferocious it looks cool! Not to mention the red one has a tattoo on his arm! I've always admired a guy with a tattoo." Amy told me. Once again, I groaned and turned to walk away. We spent our time supporting each other with the weights and then worked on our stretches. When we decided to head over to the treadmills, I realized we'd have to walk right past them. "Oh c'mon on." I sighed. "Aw, it'll be quick Rouge! You don't even have to look at them." Amy reassured me.

I shrugged and began to move with my water bottle in hand. As we walked past the group of guys, I could feel their eyes on me as I walked by. I briefly heard the yellow fox say something. He tried telling his friends to stop staring at us but of course, they didn't. Then of course the red one spoke up. "Hey there beautiful, you're looking fine as hell today!" he shouted to me. I bit my tongue and tried to keep walking forward. "Just ignore him." Amy whispered to me. She knew what I'd do if I lost my shit.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that!" he shouted again. I used my wing to cover myself up and Amy glared at the group.

Together we finally made it to the treadmills and I pushed all of that out of my mind. "Are you okay? I... I know that kind of stuff really bothers you." Amy asked me, a hint of worry in her eyes. "I'm fine. Really. I just... I just wish it wasn't my reality. I mean just because I work out at a gym doesn't mean I deserve to be harassed right?" I replied softly. "You're right. At least they're over there and we can just focus on our workout!" I smiled and decided to go on with our schedule. We stayed there all afternoon. Eventually, we went across the street to a nail salon to get our nails done. I felt better after getting everything done.

By then it was starting to get late. Together we decided to get dinner before heading home for the night. Since it was Amy's turn to pick something, obviously she picked Sushi. Buttttt it could also be that she thinks the waiter there is cute. As I scanned the menu again, Amy gave our waiter googly eyes the whole time. He walked over to take our order with a notepad and a pen in his hand. "Hello, welcome to Sushi Weekend, what can I get for you?" he asked us. I could tell he's had a long day. Clearly not in the mood either for anything. Honestly, I can relate. "I'll take the avocado special, with soy sauce to dip it in. And I'll need a refill on the water." I told him.