DON'T! (Sonilver)

TW⚠️: There is an attempted suicide in this one so if you're sensitive- please do not read! Also, remember that there is someone out there that loves you. There's so much life has to offer. Enjoy your life! On with the one shot.

My quills blew in the wind. Tears stained my face and no amount of wiping with the sleeve of my jacket was fixing it. I tried holding back sobs but nothing was helping. I cried and hugged myself in an attempt to calm down. Once again, it didn't help. I sat at the edge of a bridge that had rushing water at the bottom. Just watching it made my pain lessen. I reached into my pocket pulling out a ton of photos.

Shadow. That asshole... cheated on me with my sister. Amy passed away not too long ago. Tails decided to move away across the country. Knuckles is mad at me for something I didn't do and is avoiding me at all costs. Everyone else has left me alone to deal with my own emotions. Now I was sitting on the edge of a bridge watching the water rush. My lips trembled but at the same time, I was ready.

I knew I couldn't just give up... But I had no reason to live. Every good thing was taken from me. So what was the point? I'm going to leave this world whether they want me to die or not.

No one was out here.

No one would stop me.

I could move on and live my best life somewhere else. I stood up and threw Shadow's picture into the wind. I held the rest of the photos in my hands and looked out in front of me. "I'm sorry... I can't do this anymore... I love you guys..." I sobbed and looked down at the water. It wouldn't be long before I would be struggling in the water. Then I'd be out of this forsaken world. I took a step back. Another step. A few more. Before I could think more about it, I heard the crack of a twig behind me.

I whipped my head around to see what was behind me. I was stunned to see an albino hedgehog standing there. He looked horrified and concerned. I backed away from him and growled. "G-Go away!" I snapped. "Hey! Hey! It's ok. I'm not here to hurt you!" he promised me, reaching out with one hand. I backed away worried about who this stranger was. "Please go away! Just leave!" I shouted. I backed up closer to the edge.

Suddenly he stopped. "Look... I can't leave. But if it makes you more comfortable I'll stand right here." he replied. I didn't move. I just stood in place. I didn't know what to do. "My... My name's Silver. How about you?"

I held myself. I didn't answer him. "It's ok... takes time to get to know the other... Why are you all the way out here?" he asked. I felt my body shake. "None of your business!! I'm allowed to be out here!" I snapped. "I know! I just wanna know what's wrong." he said softly. I shook my head and edged closer to the cliffs. "Wait! You don't have to talk! Just- stay with me ok?" Silver edged closer to me the best he could. I hated how close he was getting to me. "Why are you here?!" He shrugged.

"Honestly, I came to stare at the scenery. But, then I saw you. Looked like you were about to jump. I had to come. Now tell me. What's bothering you?" I shook my head. "Don't act as if you care!" I wept. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't care." I watched him take another step forward. "Listen, I don't know anything about you. But I know you must be dying inside, wanting something better for yourself. Whatever happened in your life, this isn't going to solve anything. You're going to hurt so many in the process!"

"Pft! Right. No cares!" I stood there crying, hiding my face with my hands. It took a minute before I calmed down. "Tell me... did someone hurt you..?" My eyes glistened as I stared him down. "Yes..."

"Well then- talk to me. I want to help you."

Help... something I never wanted. But always needed. Still, I hopped onto the edge of the bridge looking down at the water ready to jump. "Wait- what are you doing?!" Silver cried. I let out another sob and jumped.

In that one moment, all my memories flashed before my eyes. The good and the bad. I wanted to leave despite all the good times I've had. It's not like anyone's going to miss me anyway...

I closed my eyes ready for impact. The water was still rushing. But... it was still loud. I could still hear the rushing water. Why? I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was hovering above the water. I was still alive. "No... No! NO! Let me go! Please! DROP ME!" I yelled angrily. Silver seemed to have used some sort of weird magic on me. "Let go! Stop it!" I shouted as he brought me back to the land. "It's okay, I've got you!" he reassured me. "No! I don't want to be saved! Leave me alone already!"

The next thing I knew, I was embraced in a hug. I struggled against him trying to break free from his grasp. But his hold was so tight that I couldn't manage to get away. "God dammit lemme go!" I shouted painfully, hitting his back hard with closed fists. Silver kept a hard grip on me though. I felt myself weaken as I felt my knees giving out. As I fell to the ground while sobbing, I felt Silver's hand gently rub my back trying to calm me down.

"Shhh. It's okay. You don't have to hide from me. I know it must be tough. But don't worry, I'm here for you! I'm not going to let anyone hurt you okay?" he reassured me softly. I didn't say anything as I held onto him trying to regain strength. Just as I relaxed, the picture of Shadow and me landed right in my view. I barely let go of Silver to get a better look at it. Silver noticed this and picked it up.

Then he looked at me. "Ah... I have an idea what this is about... But... that can't be it, can it?" he asked me. I shook my head and snatched the picture before ripping it up. I cried again watching my tears hit the ground. "I don't have anyone! Nobody cares anymore! I thought I'd just end it all so no one had to put up with it!"

Silver lifted my chin up to look at him. "Well... I care. I want you here." he said. I melted in his hold trying to collect everything that had just gone down. All I knew was that I wasn't ready to give up yet.