Chapter 50 - It is Time

Hiccup jumped off Toothless quickly and rushed to Astrid to catch her as she got down from Stormfly, the Auburn-haired teen holding his girlfriend in his arms. She giggled, pushing her racing helmet up before she did the same for Hiccup and kissed him full on the lips, the two of them leaning into one another.

"Well done Milady, you bet me fair and square," Hiccup joked setting Astrid on the ground as the other riders landed, Dagur laughing as Eret lay spread out like a starfish.

"Serves you right for stealing our win," Dagur added, the large man grumbled as Challenger bumped into the redhead and snorted at him.

"Don't challenge the Challenger Berserker," He smirked and nudged his rider who chuckled, Hiccup and Astrid came over hand in hand.

"Seriously you guys, after three years of knowing one another?" Astrid rolled her eyes, Heather shrugged as her and Windshear went to go clean themselves up.

"We better get going as well," Eret stood up and lightly shoved Dagur who huffed, watching him and Challenger head towards the stables.

The Stables were a huge underground network of tunnels, there were two main entrances bith large caves on the eastern and western side of the island, but there were multiple entrances from the top throughout the village. Dagur stood next to Hiccup who was rather confused with how everyone was acting today, Heather had gone off early and so had Eret.

"Sore loser, right Astrid, weren't you gonna show me how your way of throwing axes is apparently better than my way?" Dagur gave the blonde a wink and gestured up to where Oswald and Mala were sitting the two of them making signal to go.

"Oh yes, I'll see you at lunch Hiccup, I promised Dagur we would do this," She gave the rather startled and confused man a peck on the cheek before her, Dagur, Stormfly, and Shattermaster went off with one another.

"That was...interesting," Toothless came up beside his rider and tilted his head in confusion, Hiccup wasn't jealous or anything, he knew Dagur and Astrid were always against each other when it came to sports.

"Interesting isn't the word I would use, come one, we better get this face paint off us," He chuckled grabbing his racing helmet and walking out of the course to the stables.

Toothless bounded after him, Oswald, Atali, Mala, and Viggo watched him, they had given the others instructions to leave Hiccup early so they could talk with him about something. Hadan was growing quickly, the village was bustling with life and it couldn't function with just them to try and run their four tribes individually, someone had to take on the role of sole ruler.

The four of them had talked privately, all realised that they were not the right fit to be ruler of Hadan, Viggo had pointed out that their strengths all lacked in that, but they all thought of someone who fit the role. Hiccup had been there from the start, he had found this island and he had the skills to take on such a task, but it would be a hard thing to ask him, this was no easy matter.

~ Line Break ~

Hiccup and Toothless we're just walking into the now larger main hall, it's large central fire roaring with various meats and fish, the kitchen was set up around the fire so you could see inside. The walls were decorated with tapestries of the original riders, which gave Hiccup an unsettling feeling, his and Astrid's tapestries on either side of the announcement stage.

Dragons walked around with their riders, the place was huge and accommodated for all, being lit by massive hanging fire pits and smaller langerns. As Hiccup and Toothless made their way to the head table where they normally sat they were greeted by many, children running after baby dragons with huge smiles.