Chapter 6 - The Red Death

Hiccup blinked a few times, bringing his mind back to what he was meant to do. He circled Dragon Island, the huge shape of the Red Death standing on the beach roaring up at them was a prominent reminder of why he was here.

Toothless roared at the dragon, before firing at its jaw, which only enraged the dragon Queen further. Hiccup looked a little closer at the dragon, Toothless warbled and wondered what his rider was looking at.

" That thing has wings, so why doesn't she just fly." Toothless grumbled up at Hiccup, the boy wondered that as well, before getting an idea. The dragons had all escaped the collapsing mountain, now looking up at the Fury who was circling.

" Well, let's see if he can use them!" Hiccup suggested and Toothless nodded, before opening his wings and turned to dive down. The Night Fury folded his wings in closer to his body, as the two of them whistled through the air.

Toothless fired a massive plasma blast and the Red Death stumbled, before falling to the ground. Dust flew everywhere as Toothless escalated back into the sky, Hiccup tried to see what became of the dragon.

The Red Death growled before slowly standing up as her wings furled open and shook debris off them. Slowly they lifted themselves into the air and grumbled in anger.

" You think that did it?" Hiccup yelled to Toothless, as he turned to see the dragon rising up into the air. The Night Fury rolled his eyes and a snarled at the Stocker Class dragon.

" Well, he can fly." Toothless gave Hiccup a smirk and sped forward. They zipped through sea stacks, trying to outmaneuver the beast, knowing its size would slow it.

The Red Death followed close behind, snapping its jaws closed and crashed through a rock bridge in frustration. Hiccup and Toothless flew past the beach, sporting the rest of the dragons sitting on the shore watching.

They saw how a Viking was helping the Night Fury, the Queen was too busy focussing on the small attacker to keep control over her dragons. Hiccup had no idea why the dragons didn't just fly away, but that didn't matter as they flew around another sea stack.

The Red Death crashed through the obstacle which sent boulders flying across the ocean. Hiccup tried to think how they were going to lose the dragon, then looked up. The clouds, he knew they stood a better chance in an element they understood, the shadows.

" Ok Toothless, time to disappear, come on bud!" Hiccup clicked his dragon's tail into position. They steered up and into the clouds, the beast following behind ready to fire. As the Red Death opened his jaws and snapped down, Hiccup pulled Toothless away.

" Here it comes!" They swerved out of the way, as a cloud of fire shot up past them. Toothless waited until they were fully in the grey clouds, before veering right and out of the dragon's path.

The Red Death flapped his wings and looked around, growling in frustration. Below the flock of dragons, we're eagerly waiting to see who would come out victorious. They all hoped the Night Fury would, now understanding that they had been tricked into subjugation.

Toothless circled the colossal dragon, which turned to see where the whistling was coming from. Toothless fired down at his right-wing and the blast exploded on impact.

They banked right and fired another on his back, another at his left-wing. Blast after blast, the Red Death began to grow impatient that he was unable to see his adversary.