Chapter 27 - The Branding

" JOHAN?!" Hiccup looked up at the trader, as he passed Viggo the Glass Fire, how did he get it here, the boy hadn't brought it with him.

" Hello, master Hiccup, what a pleasant surprise to see you." Johan chuckled before leaning down to the boy's face.

" Your working with the hunters, why?" Hiccup asked, watching the trader, his mind was a fog, why, how?

" Oh my dear boy, I was never on your side, to begin with," Johan whispered in Hiccup's ear, circling the boy.

" Ever since you informed me of your befriending of the dragons, I have been trying stop your mission for peace." Johan continued circling Hiccup, who look at the wall.

" I was the one who urged you to go fight the Red Death, knowing you could possibly die," Johan whispered in his ear, Hiccup narrowed his eyes.

" I was the one who told you what Berk was going to do with their captive dragons." Hiccup thought back, it all made sense.

Johan had been behind all of their failings and mistakes in missions, he was the one who told them to go on the missions in the first place.

" I planted the Glass fire message in my ship, knowing you would find it, I've been behind everything." Johan faced Hiccup, his face stern and unamused.

" You've been behind all of it, why would you do this, we trusted you." Hiccup edged forward, Ryker pulled him back, the 18-year-old, grunted.

" Out here Hiccup, people live by a code, be careful who you trust." Johan answered, as he walked out of the room, he had what he wanted and wouldn't be transporting anyone.

" And your riders will never know, he was behind it all, now onto business." Viggo, sat down and held the Glass Fure in his hand.

" I have to thank you for getting past all those traps, not many people have survived our Great-Grandfather's inventions before." Viggo chuckled, Hiccup glared at him, he had no idea what Viggo wanted.

" What do you want Viggo?" Hiccup asked, through gritted teeth, Viggo turned to him, smiling.

" It has come to my attention, you have a unique ability." Hiccup just stared at Viggo, blankly, rather confused.

" I have many abilities." Hiccup sarcastically answered, Viggo, who chuckled.

" It's good to see you still have that sense of humour my hunters tell me about." Viggo retorted, Hiccup narrowed his gaze.

" I've been told you speak Draconic." Hiccup looked at Viggo, shocked, how did Viggo know of Draconic.

" How...how do you know about that?" Viggo smiled, pulling something out from one of his draws.

" I want you, Hiccup Haddock, to work alongside my men and keep my dragons under control." Viggo answered, sliding a pencil and a rather important looking contract towards Hiccup.

" This contract is confidential, your riders are not part of this deal and if you agree, I can have your dragons kept safe." Viggo answered, Hiccup read through it, before looking up at the man.

" You want me to disrespect the dragons by becoming a hunter and speak to them, never!" Hiccup spat, pushing the contract back to Viggo.

" Well, you could sign it unless you want the pretty blonde to get hurt." Viggo stepped forward, eyeing one of his guards.

" You wouldn't dare?" Hiccup asked, glaring at the lead Dragon Hunter, as he nodded to the guard, Hiccup turned and shook his head.

" No!" Hiccup tried to stand, but Ryker stopped him and shoved him back into the seat, Hiccup looked at the guard.