Chapter 17 - The Truce

Mala edged the sword closer to Hiccup's throat and he back away, Astrid and Heather had their backs to each other, waiting for Hiccup to give the orders.

Toothless and Barb wrapped their tails around Hiccup, growling at the Queen, as she continued to advance towards the boy.

" Ok, I'm all for making friends or foes, but this mission has gone talons up," Dagur stated, he had his axe out ready to attack anyone who came close enough.

Stormfly, Windshear, and Shattermaster prepared to battle the defenders, the two female dragons readying their spine tails.

Hiccup could see this was going nowhere and pushed past the two overprotective dragons, holding his hands out and seeing there was only one way to solve this.

" STOP!!!" Hiccup let out a roar so loud, that a few pebbles fell from the volcano's walls, Mala and the soldiers stopped dead in their tracks.

Throk looked at the boy, he was impressed at how loud his voice was and gave Mala a knowing look.

" Ok, your right, these hunters stole your dragon, but we are not a distraction, we had no idea." Hiccup pleaded, his voice calm, Mala lowered her sword.

" Yet, our Eruptordon is gone, our village's peace is in peril and you hold me in front of your dragon." Hiccup shook his hand, telling Toothless to back down, the other dragons followed.

" Mala, please, let us go find your dragon, I'll even leave some people here to help the village." Mala took in a deep breath, before nodding at the guards to stand down.

" I accept your offer, Hiccup Haddock, but on one condition, I accompany you to retrieve our beloved dragon." Mala slid her sword back into its sheath and stepped towards the 18-year-old.

" I thought you didn't fly on dragons?" Hiccup asked, crossing his arms and smiling smugly up at her.

" I will do whatever it takes to save our Great Protector, but if you fail me in any way." Hiccup rolled his eyes and shook his head.

" You'll kill me, understood." Hiccup turned to Heather and Dagur, who were both waiting for their orders.

" Heather, Dagur, I want you two to stay here and help Throk with the lava flow." The two Berserkers nodded, before following Throk out of the Volcano.

" Alright Mala, we'll start searching every Island with a volcano." Before Hiccup could finish Mala held up her hand, there was a rustling in a few bushes behind her.

Several arrows came flying out of the undergrowth, Hiccup and Mala dodged the arrows, as the dragons growled.

" Are those dragon hunters?" Astrid asked, as one arrow headed straight for Mala, Hiccup ran to her.

" Mala!" Hiccup pushed her to the ground and held his Gronckle Iron shield up, as more arrows flew overhead.

" Are you alright?" Hiccup looked down at Mala, who had a rather wide smile spread across her face, before sitting up.

" Fine." She stood up and flipped into the bushes, several audible punches and kicks could be heard.

Mala walked out of the bushes, with two men dressed in dragon hide uniforms, they were rather short and skinny men, not the kind you'd find being spies.

Astrid walked up to them, her axe poised and ready to strike, as she held up to one of the men's throats.

" Where did your boss take the Eruptordon?!" She yelled, the men glared at her, they weren't saying anything.

Barb walked over to them and roared, raising her tail, ready to strike, the men back away in fear.

" North, Viggo Grimbourne went North." Two of Mala's guards pushed the men up off the ground and walked them back to the village.

" Alright, let's go, Mala I'll help you up." Hiccup helped Mala onto Toothless, before climbing on himself, Astrid watched the two with slight jealousy.

" Mala do you mind if we kidnap the trapper you have in your cell, something tells me those men were told to say North." Mala nodded, before bracing herself, as Toothless took off back to the village.

Mala had never felt such a feeling before, the exhilaration, the thrill of feeling the air rush against your skin.

She smiled, maybe if Hiccup agreed to her proposition, then she would get to do this every day.

~ Line Break ~

Astrid and Hiccup flew smoothly through the air, Toothless was trying not to overdo his passengers.

Stormfly, on the other hand, was rather enjoying herself, a very angry Eret was dangling from her talons and wasn't having it.

Mala looked at the vast expanse above her, she had never seen the world from up high and certainly would want to see it again.

" Quiet a rush isn't it?" Hiccup asked, he had his helmet over his head and Mala had her arms wrapped around his torso.

" Indeed it is." Mala placed a hand on Hiccup's shoulder and began pinching lightly at his skin, her other hand was roaming around his torso.

Of course, Hiccup was blushing a deep scarlet red under his helmet, but kept his mouth shut, Astrid glared at the Queen.

" Yes, I think with a little more muscle and exercise, you will be perfect." Mala ran her hand down Hiccup's rather lithe forearms, feeling his muscles.

" Ah, Mala, what exactly are you talking about?" Hiccup asked, as she squeezed his torso and placed a hand just above his butt.

" It has been told that a man from afar would save me on the field of battle and Hiccup you are that man, you are to be my King." Hiccup shook his head, where on Midgard did she pull this from.

" Ah, I'm flattered and do you mind removing your hand from my waist." Mala smiled at him and did as he asked, placing her hands on his shoulders.

" Did I hear her right, did she just propose to you?" Toothless asked Hiccup, who was still pushing under his mask.

" Yeah and I don't think I like it." Hiccup answered, glancing back at Astrid, who luckily didn't hear a single thing Mala had just asked him.

He was flattered, to say the least, but he had his eyes on someone else, someone who he had been hoping to ask out for years.