Chapter 32 - Fights and Fears

Hiccup sat on the bench that was supposed to be his bed, with his back against the cold stone, the scratchy blanket over his shivering shape.

His eyes were sunken and he had dark bags under them, he hadn't slept a wink, his cheek had slight bruising and his teeth chattered.

Every muscle in his body ached, but it wasn't compared to his back, the burn stung and the bandages were practically useless.

The shackles sat on his wrists, keeping his hands cold, how he wished he could get warm, but he had to remain strong, for Astrid.

Astrid was everything to him, if she saw him like this, she would reject him in a heartbeat, why would she want to be around him now?

The shuffling of feet and the creaking of a cell door brought Hiccup back to reality, he looked up, it was coming from Toothless' cell.

Hiccup stood up and looked into his friend's cell, Toothless was growling at the men who were unchaining him.

" Toothless!" Hiccup yelled, the Night Fury looked up at his rider, fear in his eyes, as he was pushed towards the second door.

Shorsen saw how Hiccup spoke to the dragon, he had never seen a dragon respond to a human-like that and got an idea.

" Have the boy bought to me later tonight, he may come in handy after all," Shorsen told one of his men, the guard nodded, standing at Hiccup's cell.

The door at the end of Toothless' cell opened and he was pushed into a dragon proof cage, as his muzzle was ripped off.

" You stay away from him!" Hiccup yelled, Shorsen glared up at the boy, before pulling his sword out and aiming it at Toothless.

" I'd watch what you say." Hiccup shut his mouth and looked at his dragon, who shook his head, before growling at his captors.

" You keep him feisty, I like that." Shorsen walked out the end of the second room and into the huge arena, the crowd cheering.

Hiccup jumped down from the bench and peeked through the hole in his end door, it gave him a good enough view.

" Ladies and gentlemen, today I bring you a fight like no other!" His voice echoed off the fight ring's walls, the crowd cheered.

" For the first time in the history of dragon-fighting, I give you the Night Fury!" Toothless was wheeled out from his cell, the crowd went wild, all of them had never seen one before.

" Fighting the Eastern archipelago's finest dragon, the Razorwhip!" An adolescent female Razorwhip was wheeled out from another cell, she looked horrible.

Shorsen walked out of the ring, heading up to his personal seating box, sitting down he waved his hand and the cages were pulled up from their trollies.

The Razorwhip growled, as the two dragons jumped down from their perches and circled one another.

Hiccup watched the two of them, he was afraid Toothless would get hurt, he meant everything to Hiccup.

Even though both dragons had their wings strapped to their bodies, the Razorwhip was not any easy dragon to get along with.

The Razorwhip slashed her tail Toothless, who dodged it with expert skill, before standing up on his hind legs, trying to push her over.

" Toothless, get out of there!" Hiccup grabbed the bars of his door, as his dragon was pushed to the ground.

Toothless shoved the Razorwhip off and blasted at her, she dodged it, before knocking him against a wall with her own blast.