Chapter 11 - What is it?

When Hiccup had returned to Hadan from his adventure, both Astrid and Dagur were happy to see him alive.

The four of them spent most of their time on Hadan, even though Berserker was a days flight away.

Hadan just felt more like home, they did make trips to Berserker to check on the dragons living there and inform Oswald on what was happening.

When Hiccup had landed, Dagur had pushed him to the ground and given him a bone-crushing bear hug.

When Hiccup showed them the cylindrical object he had found, the three of them were astonished.

They were now sitting in the living room that was in Hiccup and Astrid's hut.

" Amazing, I've never seen anything quite like this," Dagur announced as he inspected the strange object Hiccup had returned with.

He was discussing his theories with Shattermaster, who seemed rather interested in the object as much as his rider.

Astrid and Hiccup were across the room, leaning against a huge stone top table.

" So no one ransacked Johan's ship?" Astrid asked Hiccup, who was adding the shipyard to his map.

" No, his intel must have been wrong." Hiccup finished his sketch and looked back you at Astrid.

" Sometimes I wonder if that man ever tells the truth." Astrid shook her head and looked down at Hiccup's map.

She was dressed in an ocean blue sleeveless tunic shirt, that matched her eyes, a set of Gronckle Iron shoulder pads connected by a decorated fur hood across her neck.

Astrid's signature, double-headed axe slung over her back and a matching set of Gronckle Iron arm guards on her arms.

" Me too, but it's Johan, so what can we expect," Heather stated from her spot across the room, she was leaning against Windshear sharpening her axe.

She had her hair in a singular braid, that hung loosely over her shoulder and had armour made from her dragon's scales.

" This is coming along nicely." Hiccup blushed, he loved it when Astrid complimented him.

Every time she did compliment him, he would savour the moment, this girl was everything to him.

He really wanted to feel her how he felt, but just couldn't find the words or the right moment to do it.

" Now, what exactly is it that you do?" Hiccup and Astrid looked over at Dagur who was holding the cylinder rather weirdly.

" Come on, tell Dagur now, tell daddy Dagur." Heather fake gagged, before shaking her head at her brother.

" Dagur what are you doing?" Hiccup asked Dagur jolted before turning around slowly and smiling innocently.

" Ah, nothing." He handed the cylinder back to Hiccup, who looked it over and tried to work out what the object was.

" Well, we can rule out it being a weapon." Hiccup placed it on the table, before rolling his map up and staring at the thing.

" What do you suppose it is?" Heather asked, picking it up and trying to open the end with the dragon head.

" It might be a container for something." Dagur watched his sister struggle to open the object and held his hand out.

Heather handed it to him and the redhead tried to twist the head open, but no amount of twisting would open it.