Chapter 35 - Late and Safe

The muzzled Terrible Terror flew as fast as his tiny wings could carry, he had been flying for about three days straight and if he didn't reach his destination then he would get punished.

He warbled, as an island came into view, but his celebrating was short-lived when Dagur snatched him up.

" Ah, put me down, I need to get a message to my owner!" The Terror screeched, Dagur rolled his eyes, prying the note out of the dragon's message tube.

The redhead unmuzzled the terror and threw the disgusting apparatus into the ocean, the terror growled at him.

" Hey, easy there little guy, you're free now." The terror looked at Dagur weirdly, before smiling and flying away from the riders.

" I got it!" Dagur yelled, handing the note to Astrid, who quickly unrolled it and began reading through it.

" Dragon fights, Hiccup and Toothless have been sold to someone who owns dragon fights!" Astrid yelled, scrunching the note up and throwing it into the ocean below.

" Forcing dragons to fight each other, that's inhuman," Mala stated, Throk and Curious nodded.

" And indragon, it's sick!" Curious roared, Mala strocked her dragon's neck, the Galeslash crooned.

" People will go nuts when they find out its a Night Fury that's fighting," Heather added, she saw Astrid's expression and sighed.

" Don't worry Astrid, we'll save him," Heather reassured her friend, Astrid didn't answer, she just stared at the island, gripping her dragon's saddle.

" So, how are we gonna approach this, if this is a serious Dragon Fight, then the dome will be impenetrable," Eret explained, Astrid wasn't listening, she was too focused on the billow of smoke rising from the island.

She narrowed her gaze before flying towards the island, the other riders looked at her weirdly.

" Astrid, where are you going?!" Heather yelled, her friend doesn't answer, the others shrugged and followed after the blue and gold Nadder.

Astrid and Stormfly glided through the smoke, gapping at the state of the ring, men rushed around trying to recapture several escape dragons, as a tall scarred man barked orders at them.

The riders finally caught up to her and gapped at the sight of the arena, Astrid growled before heading down.

The hunters screamed, as Stormfly and the other dragons landed in or around the ring, Astrid grabbed her axe, storming right up to the man in the centre of the ring.

" Hey, are you in charge?!" Astrid shouted, pointing her axe up at the man, who sneered down at her.

" Oh, great, more dragon riders, just what we need after the mess the last ones left." Shorsen jumped down from the crate and glared at Astrid.

" We have intel that you happen to be holding a boy and a Night Fury captive," Mala informed him, Shorsen looked at the riders with angry confusion.

" Wait, a second you're those riders from the Grimbourn auction, why would you want the boy?" Astrid punched Shorsen to the ground and held her axe against his throat.

" MY BEST FRIEND WAS SOLD TO YOU!!!" Astrid yelled down to him, Shorsen looked up at the angry blonde with fear.

" I...ah...I." Shorsen was lost for words, he had no idea that this young woman had been looking for him.

" WHERE IS HE?!!" Astrid roared, bring her axe closer to his neck, Shorsen gulped, his eyes darting.

" I don't know, my men took him and that was it," Shorsen answered, the faint gurgle of a dragon caught Throk's attention and the man walked over to a cell.