Don't Change Who You Are (Hongjoong+San)

San was the popular boy in school. Many students had a crush on him, even boys. And Hongjoong was one of those boys. He had tried many times to get San's attention but he always failed

Hongjoong was also a grade A student, so you could say he didn't have many friends. He was bullied alot for being the smartest in class. Many students made his do their homework or do a test for them and at times, Hongjoong would say no.

But he had learnt the hard way when he would say no. He'd be beaten until he would give in and do their work. So he would wear jumpers and jeans to hide the bruises.

-

One morning, Hongjoong decided in order to get rid of his bullies and hopefully to get San's attention, he would change his looks. 

"Time to change who I am"... he whispered as he stared at himself in his bathroom mirror. Grabbing his bag filled with with makeup, Hongjoong started working on covering his bruises. And that took a while. 

Once he was done, Hongjoong smiled softly before he began applying makeup to his face. 

"Done", he muttered once he finished. 

"Time for a new outfit"... He began searching through his cupboard until he found an outfit he liked. 

Once Hongjoong was ready, he grabbed his things and made his way to school

-

"Oi San"! San turned to see his friend, Wooyoung, running over to him.

"Hey Woo. What's up"?

"People keep wanted to ask you out on a date". San rolled his eyes.

"That always happens. But I'm not interested in any of the people that like me. You know that". 

"I know. I just thought I'd say". San smiled before his attention was drawn to a boy near the lockers.

"Is that Hongjoong"? He asked Wooyoung. His friend look over and nodded.

"Yeah it is. He changed. I think he's someone who likes you". San watched as Hongjoong walked off and smiled.

"I'll be back". He walked after the boy and followed as he made his way to the roof. 

-

Hongjoong sat down and sighed before he heard footsteps, making him look over.

"S-San"? The boy stood up as he looked at San. 

"Hey".

"W-why are you here"? Hongjoong asked.

"You changed the way you look". Hongjoong looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

"Y-yeah"...

"Was it to impress me"? 

"N-no! I-I just"- San cut him off.

"You don't need to change who you are to impress anyone. That includes me. If I'm being honest, the old you looked kinda cute". Hongjoong felt his cheeks heat up at San's words.

"W-what are you saying"?

"I'm saying I like you. I don't care how you dress or even look like. I think your cute". Hongjoong looked away. 

"What's wrong"? 

"How can you like someone like me? I'm a nerd. Someone who people use for their work"... 

"Because I'm attracted to you. Your cute". Hongjoong looked at him before he felt San's lips against his. His eyes widened but soon kissed back 

"Will you be mine"? San whispered.

"Y-yes". 

"Oh and don't change who you are. I love you for who you are, not how you look". Hongjoong smiled big. 

"So you've been watching me right"? 

"I find you cute. Can't keep my eyes away". Hongjoong giggled and hugged him. The boy Hongjoong had a crush on, loved him and Hongjoong couldn't be happier. He didn't need to change to get his attention.

"I also changed so people would leave me alone".

"Well, no one will come near you with me around".

"Thank  you", Hongjoong whispered. They stood there for several minutes, Hongjoong in San's arms.