Lovesick (San)

Hanahaki Disease, a one sided love disease. Where you slowly grow a plant inside your lungs if someone you love fails to fall in love with you. 

San has the disease. He never knew what it was until one day, he started coughing up blood and rose petals.

"W-what"? He asked himself, scared. He had no idea what was going on until he had gone to the doctors and they revealed the bad news.

"Unless the person you love falls in love with you, the plant will take over your body, killing you slowly until you become nothing more than a plant". San looked down at his shaky hands. He knew the person he loved would never love him back. 

Every day, he would wake up coughing up blood and petals and his skin slowly began to lose colour. Where ever he walked, he left a trail of rose petals behind and a small branch slowly began to grow from the back of his neck.

As San walked through the streets, several people stared at him. They all had sad expressions on their faces when they saw the trail on rose petals and the small branch on his neck. But San ignored the stares and kept walking. 

He found an empty park near his house and hid behind on of the trees. The disease was fast spreading for him so he knew he didn't have long now. 

"If only you know how much I loved you"... he whispered. He closed his eyes as a tear rolled down before the plant inside his lungs took over his body and instead of his body laying against the tree, a large rose bush stood in his place, a small puddle of blood and petals underneath the bush.