Epilogue

Third P.O.V.

"It's not as pretty at night as it is during the day...huh?" Y/n murmurs as she gazes upon the the cherry blossom tree. The very same tree where she and Touya would meet under, to be in each other's comfort, and the very same tree where the two fell in love. Years later, she found herself under the same tree with the same man she gave her heart to. Though the same man, many changes had taken place, physically and mentally...

But it was still him...in her eyes, he was still him...

"Not to mention it's almost winter." Said Dabi. "It's gonna die soon and look just like all the other trees." Y/n took a few steps forwards, turning around, before sitting down. She sighed while closing her eyes, resting her back against the tree's bark. "But I'll still know it's our tree." She said with a small smile. She opened her eyes, looking up at Dabi. "Care to join me?" 

Dabi strides over before sitting next to her, resting his arm on his elevated knee, and his other hand planted on the ground right next to Y/n's. 

A gust of wind blew through the tree, knocking loose the petals which fell upon both Y/n and Dabi's heads. While Y/n didn't seem to mind, Dabi found it annoying. He scowled as he picked the petals from his hair, he flicked them away before glancing at Y/n. His lips parted slightly, his eyes never moving from her. The moonlight perfectly illuminated her form, the light breeze from the wind moved her hair gracefully. Her soft features completely contradicted Dabi's own more harden features. 

"Touya?" 

"Uh, Yeah?" Dabi blinked. Y/n turned to meet his gaze. "This might be selfish of me, after everything that's happened lately but...I need you to make another promise." Really, Dabi didn't need to make a promise, much less keep it. He wasn't obligated to do so, but he couldn't say no to her. Anyone else, he would have ignored it or say he'd keep his promise, only to neglect it later down the line. 

"Sure." 

Y/n hugged her knees to her chest. She sighed before she spoke. "I want to promise me...no matter what happens, to me, or later in the future, promise me...You'll take care of yourself." Dabi gave her a confused glance. "Take care of myself?" She nods. "Yes. I hate it whenever you're in pain. No matter the kind."

"And, what does that have to do with you?" He asked. Y/n looks up at him. "I have a feeling you'll do something dumb if I were to be hurt or... you know, killed." Dabi couldn't deny that, that he would go ape shit if any harm came to Y/n. And God forbid if she were to be killed...

"Yeah. If you die...I don't know what I might do..." 

"Don't do anything." Y/n said sternly. 

"Y/n, you know I-"

"Touya. I mean it." Y/n grips onto his hand. "If it ever came down to that...Don't follow after me...please." Dabi looked ahead, away from Y/n's gaze. This was more than just a difficult ask, Y/n was pretty much asking for the impossible from him. It was bad enough he separated himself from her for years, but to be all alone if she leaves him...really leaves him...

It would destroy him completely...

"Then what do you expect me to do? Be ok with never seeing you again? Just...be ok with you never coming back?" 

"Yes." 

Before he could argue, she continued. "I want you to find happiness. In anyway, anywhere, somehow. Even if I'm not there to see you achieve it, I want you to be happy Touya, I always have." 

"But I am happy."

Now he wasn't looking at her out of pure embarrassment. 'I can't believe I just flat out said it like that...' He sighed. "I mean...you make me happy so, that should be enough. Why the fuck are we even talking about death right now? Like hell I'm gonna let that happen to you." He quickly added. Y/n slightly opened lips turned up into a smile, then she giggled, then it turned into a laugh. Dabi clicked his tongue. "I'm leaving."