.009

9 | wishing we'd just
tell the truth

both nini and ricky went on about how they don't like the other to their own friend groups. their friends themselves don't believe them, but they just go along with nini and ricky's story because they'd always deny it.

although the denying, nini wished she could just tell the truth about her feelings. it not like she can't, but she saw no point in it if she cannot physically have the guy she's yearning over.

yet again, nini and her friends sat at ricky's table with his friend group because of carlos and seb dating. it was awkward, the different groups had two conversations going on, with carlos and seb the only ones not engaged in it.
"okay yall." carlos clapped his hands, catching everyone at the tables attention. "we are all gonna have one conversation—"

"i'll pass." gina cuts off carlos, "los, i'm not listening to kourtney bitch about how much she hates nini."

kourtney turns her head towards gina, raising her brows. "why would i talk about the rat?" she scoffs, nini rolls her eyes.

"oh please, we know you have a weird obsession over me." nini scoffs, brushing off the fact kourtney called her a rat.

"not everyone is ricky." kourtney snapped back, "you ain't all that."

nini completely ignored kourtney after she made the remark about ricky, everyone kept in arguing except ricky and nini. they sat there, staring at one another. both missing, but both so silent. "everyone just shut up." the curly haired boy, removed his eyes from the brunette girl. "you all are so fucking annoying always arguing about the same shit." ricky calls out forcefully.

nini snickered, "here goes ricky, trying to be the lord and savior." she rolls her eyes, in annoyance.

"do you ever shut up?" ricky said in a blunt tone, "i mean gosh, no one wants to here your annoying ass voice, nina." he continued, emphasizing on the a on nini's name.

"ricky you really don't know when to stop talking, do you?" gina backed nini up, when she didn't answer quickly.

once the bell rung, nini quickly left the cafeteria faster than everyone else, she entered an empty class room, taking in a deep breath.
after, she calmed down, before she could leave the classroom ricky entered. "oh my, what do you want now?" nini scoffed in frustration, avoiding eye contact with the boy.

"it's so annoying how you already think you own the place?!" ricky backed her up on to the counter, nini furrowed her brows.

"me? acting as if i own the place? what the fuck are you on about." nini tried pushing him away but he was to strong, he stood put, standing in front of her as she leaned back onto the counter.

"nina, you know what i'm talking about. when a  argument isn't about you, somehow you find a way to put yourself in it, you always try to have to main character moment by leaving the cafeteria earlier in a dramatic sense. like ?? why are so you attention hunger." ricky paused to smirk, "or are you trying to get a specific persons attention."

nini slid away from ricky, now she stood in front of him. "ricky, you think i'm attention hungry ?? you've got to be kidding me, if you don't see that you're projecting cause clearly you want it to be all about you" she scoffed, looking away from the boy. "i mean you literally just claimed i was looking for your attention !"

nini took a step closer to ricky, he inched his face closer. both teens had a smirk on their faces, challenging the other. "stay, the fuck away from me, bowen."

"noted, roberts." ricky responded.

though, the conversation was done. they didn't move. they kept their faces close to each other's neither of them not wanting to leave. nini found herself looking at the boys lips, he grinned, watching her want him more than ever.

ricky swung his arms around her waist, pulling her close to his body. "didn't you say i should stay away, now you're caught looking at my lips." he softly whispered which sent chills down her spine.

she placed her hands on both sides of ricky's face. "but who am i to leave without the final saying?" nini cocked her eyebrow at ricky.

he chuckled, before inching his face even closer, their lips were brushed against each other's at this point, "is it in words?"

nini shook her head no, as she hit her lower lip, and without saying another word. nini pulled him in, their lips finally met once again.

ricky's hands moved all over nini's body, but landing at the previous position—her waist.
they continued kissing, reconnecting their lips ever now and then, only pulling apart to breath a little. they hated being apart from the other, but would never dare to admit it unless it was to themselves.

they just both wished they'd start telling the truth.