.018

18 | happier, prettier,
        jealousy jealousy

"basketball game today.. and we are all going to support your man jack." gina walked up to nini and the rest of her friends who were seated down on their usual table in the cafeteria.

"let's not forget her other man..ricky." ashlyn muttered underneath her breath but everyone sitting at the table heard and laughed along with the red head.

nini rolled her eyes jokingly, "ricky is not my 'man', and gina, you and i have to go because we are cheerleaders..duh." she said right before she took a sip out of her drink.

"hmm..did you tell jack?" carlos asked nini after he took a bite out of his sandwich.

nini threw her head back and groaned in frustration, "noo i don't know how to bring it up. it's an awkward conversation! i'll tell
him after the game today."

hours later it was time for the game, nini, gina and all the other cheerleaders dressed up into their uniforms. the game began, and north high's cheerleaders lead with their routine then afterwards it was east high's.

antoine lead with the ball, dribbling it into half court then passed the ball over to howie. howie caught the ball, dribbling it, some of north high's teammates surrounded howie, so he threw the ball over to jack.

jack didn't waste any time, he made it to three pointer and shot the ball into the hoop. and it entered without hitting the backboard or the rim of the hoop. east high cheered as the game board game to 'home: 01'

this time one of north high's teammates lead with the ball. he dribbling it down the court, ricky juked him, managing to take the ball out of his hands he dribbled the ball to half court and shot it from there.

everyone from each side of the bleachers stood up, gasping in either disbelief or worry. it felt like the ball was going in slow motion, like an eternity.

right when the ball went into the hoop, one side of the bleachers erupted in cheers, the side filled with east high students.

east high cheerleaders did their small routine that they practiced whenever their team would score.

an hour later east high won the game, east high's side of the bleachers jumped up once again cheering louder than they've ever before.
the cheerleaders did their routine, but nini got distracted once she noticed lily jumped down from the bleachers, running towards the curly headed boy.

the blonde girl wrapped her arms around his neck, and pulled him close. ricky pulled back, to connect his lips with lily's. nini's heart dropped when she saw ricky recreate what they did a year ago, nini tried so hard to convince herself that she didn't still love the boy but no matter what she'd always find herself hurting over the past, and wishing she was still in his arms like she once were.

the crowd erupted in cheers, ricky's teammates all ran to him happy that he was the once to make them win the game overall. but ricky was only looking for one person, his eyes scanned all the cheerleaders, and stopped once his eyes met her's. the only girl who could catch his attention.

nini tore away from her cheerleaders, and ran towards the curly headed boy. she wrapped her arms around the boy until he pulled back to connect his lips with hers. a long passionate, tendered kiss, they couldn't even hear the word anymore until they pulled away and noticed everyone was looking at them, smiling and cheering.

"nini

"nini..are you okay?" gina tapped nini on the shoulder, nini tore her eyes away from the two who were still lip locking, and turned to face her friend.

"uh—" nini cleared her throat, "yeah, why wouldn't i be?" nini awkwardly laughed. nini then put her attention on jack, she smiled and ran up to him. softly kissing him on the lips.

"you okay?" jack asked once they pulled away.

"yeah of course, you did so good out there." nini smiler, pulling him in again. "let's hang out tonight at my house..i have to tell you something."

"oookay." jack cooed.

once ricky was doing talking to all his teammates, he was heading to the locker room. but was stopped when he noticed jack and nini talking. he began remembering all the things he and nini did after a game. they'd always order take out, and hang out either at his house or her's. talking for hours about random shit or watching movies they'd never pay attention to.

"hmm you're annoying." nini managed to say as she laughed uncontrollably as ricky tickled her. "pay attention to the movie you idiot."

"but i wanna hang out with youuu." ricky cooed, he stopped ticking the girl as began kissing her all over her neck.

"i hate you." nini pretended to push ricky away because she didn't want him to stop.

"you love me."

"oh i do?"

"mhmmm you do."

ricky snapped out of his thoughts and continued walking to the locker room.