.004

4 | falling off the tracks

"nini that was definitely not hatred." gina jogged up to the brunette girl, who was still making her way to the bleachers. "y'all were literally about to kiss."

"no we weren't." nini asserted, "it was just a moment." she brushed off the feelings she felt when she was near him.

"hmmm. fine." gina shrugged. "i'll leave you alone about him. but i'm still not convinced."

days later, it was friday. the night of the basketball game. the cheerleaders and basketball team got their earlier quickly practice.

once everyone got here they dressed out into their uniforms. "east high leopards!" the principal called out the basketball them over the microphone, nini watched as all of them jogged out waving to the people seated on the bleachers and they all cheered.

shortly after, the opposing team was called out to the aswell. "c'mon this is our cue." nini whispered to all her teammates. firstly, nini went out first with a slight jog then she did an ariel towards the place they were supposed to stop at, north high's cheerleaders came out the same time doing their own routine.

secondly, gina came flipping out, then stood next to nini. lastly all the others, jogged and clapped then many i'd ariels and ended as a pyramid behind nini and gina.

the crowd cheered. both cheerleading teams went on the court and began doing their full dance routine. ricky stared at no one but nini, and she noticed. they both kept their eyes on one another as nini continued to dance.

she knew what she was doing to him, and it was working. once both teams finished their routines they went back to their previous position, setting up the drum roll right before the principal blew the whistle to start the game.

a smile grew on nini's face the more she watched ricky. she always loved cheering for ricky when they were dating, and she still does 'till now. nini just wished it didn't pain her to do so this time.

nini and her teammates cheered while, north high cheerleaders didn't because east high was the one to score the point. it was 3-7, east high being in the lead.

later on, east high won. half of the people in the bleachers cheered loudly. as the cheerleaders ran to the basketball boys to cheer them on. ricky of course, scoring the winning points.

after everyone who spoke with ricky, he only wanted to hear from nini. and when she walked up to him, his smile grew. "don't get to happy now. you're still an idiot." nini stated, ricky jokingly rolled his eyes. "you did great."

"roberts finally appreciating my talent?" ricky raised his brows, "never heard that one before, especially in bed—"

nini smacked ricky on the chest, "ow!" ricky yelped, as she giggled. "you're miserable." she rolled her eye as she walked away from the bow who was still in pain.

"i cannot wait for the after party nini!! you finally get to be free from this heartbreak." gina  exclaimed as she followed nini into the locker rooms. nini sighed, as she sat down on the bench in between the two locker rows.

"can you take this picture of me? i kind of wanna post it on instagram." nini handed gina her phone.

"you're finally back to taking pictures! i'm free from the trenches." gina beamed as nini laughed at her remark.