.020

20 | if the world was ending

__

__

"okay class! this is not mandatory, but the whole junior grade, including seniors are going on a ski trip." the teacher paused about the trip to call up a student so they can pass out the form, "it will be cold up in the mountains so make sure to bring the right gear, it tells you what you need, where to sign, and how much to pay on the green paper bella just passed out." the teacher concluded with a smile.

"oh also! the trip will last a week. so make sure—if you're going—to pack enough for a week! that concludes today's class." the teacher finished speaking right before the bell rang.

students rushed out of the classroom except nini, gina and ej. "are you going?" gina sat on nini's desk, waiting for her to finish packing her books into her backpack.

nini nodded, "yesss it's a ski trip, i've always talked about wanting to go skiing. and ever since freshmen year i was waiting to go on this trip, what about you?" nini looked up from her back pack.

"uhh definitely! it's going to be fun, and plus we'll most likely be roommates in the hotel's we're staying in." gina turned around to look at ej, "you?"

"yes, our whole group should come." ej stated, causing nini and gina to be more excited.

"hmm we're definitely going to the ski trip, all of us it's literally only one hundred dollars!" big red stated in excitement as he walked to their usual lunch table.

"only?" ricky raised his eyebrows as he chuckled. he sat down next to his girlfriend, but looked over to nini and her friends. "aren't they going? ever since freshmen year nini and i were always so excited to go to the ski trip this year.."

"really you're still talking about her?" lily groaned as she rolled her eyes, "i have a feeling your aren't over her—"

"no i am!" ricky cut her off quickly, "im just warning you guys..if we all go.."

"it doesn't matter if they go..who cares?? we will go to have fun." kourtney asserted.

"exactly what kourt said." lily smiled boastfully.

"oookay, so we all going then?" ricky looks at all his friends to see their answer. they all nodded their heads and a smile forms on his face.

after school student rushed out of the school, some stayed back in the halls either going to their clubs or talking with their friends. nini walked out of her last period class, talking on the phone with her moms about the trip until she bumped into ricky. "uhh—moms i'll talk about it when i'm at home." nini quickly turns off the phone and furrowed her brows in confusion.

"excuse me?" the brunette girl gave an attitude to her ex. he then rolled his eyes in annoyance at her reaction.

"seriously? since when were you a mean girl." ricky scrunched his eyebrows upward as he stepped closer to the small girl.

"since my ex is with that bitch." nini paused at how that sounded, "not that i care—it's just she's a straight up bitch."

"don't talk about lily, nina." he scoffed, "you're obsessed with me."

nini bursted out laughing, "me? obsessed? with you? hmm no." she continues laughing, "move out of my way." nini stopped laughing quickly and tried pushing ricky out of her way.

he didn't budge though, "you are, it's not are to tell. you're constantly talking about me on twitter and now you're making a song about me." ricky clenched his jaw. "it's time to move on, love."

nini bit down on her tounge, he knew how much she loves when he calls her that while they were dating, she also knew he was doing this for a reaction. "fuck off bowen."

"i mean, why did you make that song?" ricky stopped her once again by placing his warm around her stomach. "why do you feel insecure because of lily. we both know you're beautiful."

the last sentence was everything nini needed to feel butterflies, she slightly smiled, walking back to her previous position and staring him in the eye. "why do you think it's about you and her?" she cocked an eyebrow at the boy.

ricky smirks slightly as he chuckles softly. "really? "Blonde hair falls just above her shoulders'." he too cocked an eyebrow back at her.

silence fell over the two, with them getting lost in their own thoughts as well as the others eyes. not knowing what else to say, not knowing what else to do. they both still love each other, even a blind man would sense it.

they both shook their head into reality, both getting ready to speak but nini spoke first, "later ricky..." she concluded, with a sad tone in her voice as she walked away from the curly headed boy.

they're distance as of now, but if the whole world was ending both sides would think of the other before anything or anyone else.