.017

17 | effortlessly in love

nini leaned against the locker, not listening to a word her friends or paying attention to her boyfriend who wrapped their hand around her waist and was kissing her cheek softly. but instead watching the boy who once loved her—and still does—endlessly.

no, she doesn't still have feelings for the curly headed boy—as she tries to convince herself—she's just curious. curious to what relationship him and lily has with each other.

nini snaps herself out of her thoughts, and finally pays attention to her friends and her boyfriend. "—and that's why we are winning against north high's football team." ej concluded with a grin.

"ej..do you really think you're going to be the reason why east high's football team wins the championships?" gina crossed her arms in front of her chest, raising her eyebrows as she leaned against the locker.

"i don't know gina..ej is pretty good at football." nini nudged gina in the shoulder, as she giggled.

"thank you! it's nice having at least one supportive friend in the group." ej rolled his eyes, and all of them laughed.

"i got to go now, i have basketball practice." jack quickly kissed nini on the lips, then did a small handshake with ej and then left for the gym.

"so..are you going to tell him or are we?" carlos raised his eyebrows at the girl in front of him. all of nini friends then turned to face her nodding.

"tell jack what..?"

"oh i don't knowww." ashlyn played along, "maybe that you were totally not staring at ricky hanging out with lily." ashlyn shrugged.

nini sighed as she pushed herself off the locker, "you guys noticed?" all her friends nodded, "okay but i wasn't looking at him because i like him—"

"nini—you and me both know that's a lie. you cannot keep leading jack on." gina scoffed in annoyance.

"but i'm not leading him on! i like jack, he's good for me. ricky's not." nini shrugged, she opened her locker and began placing her books she needs for her second period in her bag.

"yet you still love ricky even though he's not good for you." carlos murmured but nini still heard.

"cause that's not how feelings work. i'll tell jack, but i'm not breaking up with him." nini eyed her friends, "don't tell him yourselves."

her friends nodded, putting their hands up in defense as nini walked away and into her class.

"y'all im already late for basketball practice." ricky chuckled, but his friends continue to ignored him about his practice.

"okay but this is more important! howie and i a lowkey going on a date and—" lily interrupted kourtney.

"i'm sorry kourt—but lowkey?? it's either a date or not." lily mentioned and everyone in the group laughed.

"okay okay..it's not a date but he said 'wanna going out for lunch' we could have lunch at school but he asked me for OUT of school. doesn't that sound like a date??" kourtney ranted and her voice got louder and louder in panic.

"kourt! calm down...i'm sure it is a date. but lower you expectation. since he is a basketball boy." seb placed his two hands on both of kourtney's shoulders, trying to calm her down.

"hey!" ricky softly smacked seb in the shoulder, and the blonde headed boy jumped back. "what's that supposed to mean?" ricky furrowed his brows.

everyone laughed, "i mean—you and nini..c'mon now." big red answered for seb.

both ricky and lily fell silent immediately. lily—because she started to fall for ricky and knew nini was his ex. and ricky—because he simply did not know what to say when it came to the brunette he still came to love.

"uhh—anyways!" kourtney clapped her hands together, trying to ignore the awkwardness that washed over the group. "my outfit?? is it good for the 'date' or not?!"

"kourtney, it's fine. you look beautiful." lily smiles, calming the girl down with simple words. kourtney smiled back at the blonde girl.

"thank you." kourtney replies, she quickly pulled ricky aside suddenly, "i like lily wayy better than the brunette bitch." kourtney whispered into his ears, then walked away to her class.

all ricky's other friends except lily went to their classes. "sooo lily, i have a game on friday this week..i mean you probably have soccer practice or something—but wanna come to my game?? y'know support your friend?"

lily laughed at ricky's nervousness. "of course i'll come..and no i have no soccer practice." lily quickly kissed ricky on the cheek before walking away from him.