.010

10 | while it lasts

"ricky!" nini giggled, as ricky was kissing the girl all over her neck. she softly pushed him away, laying on her bed. he smiles at her, not even trying to hide his happiness. "i actually have to do my homework." the brunette stood up, walking over to her desk.

ricky leaned back on her bed's headboard. "well we haven't been like this in a longg time." he spoke, "i just missed this." the boy shrugs.

"i did too." nini smiles, turning her chair around to face ricky. "butt..i've been wondering are we like—"

"—dating?" ricky finished her sentence. nini slowly nodded, hoping the question would be answered with an 'yes'. "well, maybe we should keep it..slow? at first? i don't want to rush into things and then it falls all over again like last time." ricky ranted a little, nini nodded. not saying a word, she really wanted to be with the boy and the idea of taking it slow didn't not sit right with her. she felt as if they did take it slow, that means no commitment.

ricky noticed the emotion on nini's face, he sighs, "do you want to be together immediately?" he questioned.

"i don't know? because it feels like you are asking for no commitment. thinking we can sneak around and be with someone else." nini shrugged, as she scoffed.

"i don't want anyone else." ricky paused, "but i just don't think we're ready to be together after what happened three months ago." ricky rolled his eyes, annoyed by the girl's thinking.

"that was the past, it's different now." nini said in a blunt tone.

"look if you don't want to continue doing this," ricky pointed between him and nini, "than just tell me that. don't waste my time." ricky began grabbing his stuff from his room, before he left her room, nini stopped him.

"ricky.." she and ricky locked eyes, "don't leave. im sorry, i don't want us fighting again. forget what i said." nini kissed the boy in her tippy toes, rather than the kiss being the same as the others, this one was soft.

"ok." ricky replied in a soft tone, he slightly smiled, placing his things down and back down back on her bed.

it's not that ricky didn't want to be with nini, he just felt as if they weren't ready to continue that relationship that ended because of one big argument, rather than working it out. and clearly what happened a second ago proved his point. they aren't in sync as of right now, until they are that's when the two will be in the head space to be together.

"—are y'all even listening?" carlos questioned, catching both ricky's and nini's attention. "you two are always on your phones whenever we are at this lunch table." carlos rolled his eyes.

"wouldn't be surprised if they were texting each other." ashlyn joked, although it was reality.

nini kept herself from smiling, "now why would i put myself through misery." she replied, not meaning a word she said.

no one in both friend groups know that they've been sneaking around, partly because they aren't dating, another part being is ricky and nini love the excitement of secret meet ups.

"shut up roberts. i wouldn't text you anyways." ricky rolled his eyes scoffing. everyone else expect kourtney groaned.

"see everything i think we are being civil, nini, ricky or kourtney always got something to say." gina sighed, kourtney turned her head to glare at gina. "got a problem ??" gina snapped.

"girl if you ever speak on me—"

"don't even start." big red stopped kourtney from finishing the sentence, she sighed and went back to eating her food.

"exactly." gina smirked, ej slightly hit her in the shoulder stopping her from pushing the drama forward.

nini giggled quietly at a text she received from ricky. "i uh- got to go to the bathroom." nini stated, everyone nodded not paying any mind. she stood up, making her way to the classroom, for ricky to later follow her.

before nini entered the class room, jack stopped her. "nina." he called, slightly grinning. she turned around to face the boy, "wow you're beautiful."

nini smiled at the boy after he complimented her, "thank you, is that uh- all you wanted to say?" she furrowed her brows, questioning the boy.

jack shook his head no, "i wanted to ask you..out. i um, always kinda watched you—" jack quickly corrected himself, "not in a creepy way. i mean when you would practice in the gym with us."

"oh!" nini was caught by surprise, "uhh, yeah sure i would love to." she agreed, nini instanly regret her decision when she realized ricky was watching.

"honestly i wasn't expecting you to actually say yes. but i'll pick you up tomorrow at 7." jack wink at the girl, then walked away. after he left nini quickly followed ricky into the empty class room.

"ricky—"

"seriously nina?" ricky's voice cracked, "i mean if you liked jack you could've easily just not meet up with me—"

"—i don't like jack. i said yes because i couldn't tell him i was..with you. and i couldn't say no." nini interrupted the boy, ricky paced around to room before stopping to look at nini is disbelief.

"ricky you can't even get mad though?? i'm not dating you. you said we should just keep meeting up in secret..no strings attached. i could do this if i want??" nini shrugged, ricky scoffed.

"yeah, no, you're right. we'll just continue this." he asserted, "hope you have your fun." ricky quickly kisses nini in the lips then exits the classroom.

nini sighed hoping she didn't make things worse than they already were.