.025

25 | dumb conversations,
we lose track of time

25 | dumb conversations, we lose track of time

ricky enters their hotel room, and sat down on the bed right next to nini

ricky enters their hotel room, and sat down on the bed right next to nini. "soo..talk about what?" nini immediately spoke up, not trying to waste time. "like i seriously don't think we have anything to talk ab—"

"i never get over you." he blurted out, "well you already know cause i told you on text, but..i seriously never had a second where i wasn't thinking about you. even when we were 'enemies'." ricky said, making quotations marks around the word enemies.

nini's breath slightly hitched, "me too..even when i was with jack..i kept thinking how his and i relationship was sort of similar to ours." the brunette looked down at her fingers and started playing with them. "it's like..how do you get over someone you've known all your life?" after nini finished her sentence they both feel deeply silent, their faces were turned towards eachother, eyes locked.

both not knowing what else to say, or if they need to say something. "i said we would talk and everything," ricky breathed out, "but maybe some things are just better left unsaid, like..they aren't meant to be said out loud. we already know? you know?"

nini nodded her heard, slightly smiling, "i remember you said that to me the first time.." she and ricky both chuckled at the memory.

"okay..so you're telling me..that you put spinach, bread, and eggs in the blender, and..drank it??" ricky narrowed her eyes down at the girl, he lifted his head away from her neck. "you're disgusting."

"noo!! but was good." nini pulled him back in, trying to kiss him as she laughed, and he kept pulling his head away. "like i'm so serious, i would never do it again cause the combination sounds disgusting but it didn't taste bad." she giggled hysterically as ricky was fake gagging

"oh nina roberts, i love you so much..but you know some things are just better left unsaid. i really didn't need to know that." ricky laughed, "some things are meant to be keep to ourselves."

nini and ricky laughed, "no but i'm so serious! that was actually disgusting, and it's worse cause you told me randomly." ricky chuckled, "we went from talking about cartoons to you saying that shit."

"ok! but it was good, but that was the last time i ever tried it." nini giggled, laying herself down on bed. ricky smiled and laid down as well.

"nope," ricky replied popping the 'p', "you're just disgusting."

"na na let's not forget that one time when we were at a restaurant you were—" ricky quickly cut off the brunette girl.

"no! we do not speak of that time." ricky stated while nini laughed. "i was stressed!"

"well if you get to talk about mine, we get to talk about yours." nini raised her eyebrow, slightly still laughing.

"hmm?" ricky questioned with a hum, both ricky and nini faced each other while still laying on the bed.

nini smiles, staring directly at the boys eyes. "mhmm." she replied, humming as well.

ricky jokingly rolled his eyes, "you have more disgusting moments than mine, remember when you mixed flour with ketchup saying you want to make red pancakes." ricky laughed, nini groaned at the memory.

"okay..but it was a good idea though, you cannot lie."

"no it wasn't ketchup has salt in it." ricky paused. "you were literally making salty pancakes, that's disgusting."

"okay true." nini giggled.

"..okay but hear me out, red pancakes." nini told ricky, she released herself from ricky's embrace and walked over to his pantry.

"i don't have food dye." ricky furrowed his brows, confused with what the girl was doing.

"exactly so we are going to use.." nini didn't finish her sentence, all she did was show the ketchup bottle, and that was all to make ricky gagged. the curly headed boy quickly stood up to take the bottle out of the girls hand.

"uhh. no, no, that's weird." ricky scrunched his brows, placing the bottle back in the pantry.

"it would be a cold little experiment though! red pancakes..do you see the vision?" nini walked over to her boyfriend, hugging him from behind.

"noooo, love." ricky cooed, he turned around and kissed the girl on the forehead. "i don't see the vision about salty red pancakes."

both nini and ricky laughed at the thought of the memory, "noooo, love." ricky repeated, "i can't believe i said that." he chuckled, but nini didn't laugh along with him, she fell silent still wishing he said stuff like that too her.

"i mean it was cute—"

"i miss that." nini cut off ricky, still looking directly into his eyes. "i miss us."

"i do too." ricky replied, "and there's so much we can say to get back together but..i don't think we should."

"we shouldn't get back together?" nini questioned, and ricky shook his head.

"no—i mean, we should say anything. we should just..let it happen when it needs too. there's a right time for everything." ricky shrugged, nini scooted herself closer to the boy.

"and if the right time is now..?" she asked, as she watched the boy's lips slowly forming a smirk. as the two were inching their faces closer, lips almost touching, ricky's mind went to lily.

he put his head down, dodging nini's lips. "i'm still with lily, and i don't want to hurt her."

nini sighed, scooting away from the boy and going on her side of the bed. "..no i know."