54.

Rylan
One week later.

"She comfortable?" I asked into the phone while scrolling on the MacBook.
"I mean yeah, Sevyn goes in there and lays with her until she falls asleep. And occasionally I go in there to check on them and she's sleeping with her arms wrapped around Sevyn's belly. This shit hard on her." Rico said into the phone. And my heart ached. She asked me to leave and I respected her but I still loved her and knowing she was hurting like this hurt me.
"Shit's hard on me too. Taking everything in me not to come over there and bring her home. But I know she don't want that." I said running a hand down my face.
"Y'all need each other. She ask me everyday if you're being safe and staying out the way. And you call me everyday wanting to know how she holding up. I'm sure she would come home with no hesitation."
"If I was there, I would come get her with no hesitation. But I'm handling business." I said looking over at Averi asleep in the bed.
"You don't have to fuck that girl to handle business Ry." He said.
"Why not? She putting out." I said shrugging.
"And she's also the enemy. You lay with snakes, and you will get bit. So be careful baby brother." He said and I nodded as if he could see me.
"I'm good." I said. And with that I hung up.

Averi began to stir in her sleep. But she didn't wake up. Looking through her laptop I continued reading the messages that were linked to her phone.

JoJo 💙🤭
Did you introduce yourself to him like I told you to do?
11:49 pm

Me:
I did. But he's kind of hard Josiah. Gia said he's stuck on his ex. I thought you had her?
11:50 pm

JoJo 💙🤭
I'm working on her. But I need you working on him also. I've been working on Fallon for years. She's a tough one. But do what you gotta do, they can not get back together!
11:49 pm

Me:
They wont. Where did you say you were taking her tonight again?
11: 59 pm

JoJo 💙🤭
Dave & Busters why?
12:01 am

Me:
I'm going to convince Rylan to go with me. If she sees me with him then surely she will back off.
12:03 am

JoJo 💙🤭
Bet that. Remember we don't know each other.
If you fuck this up for me, I will kill you.
12:05 am

Me:
K.
12:06 am

That was the first conversation in the thread. Apparently they were brother and sister. And I had been oblivious to it this whole time.
A few days ago one of our new traps in Austin got hit. While Fabian was angry we were missing product which was essentially money, I felt it was a personal hit. They only took our cocaine, nothing else. Our cocaine was pure as a result of our connection with the cartel, but if we didn't have product coming out of Austin, the territory was essentially meaningless. It only happened after I killed Josiah so I started doing some digging. Running cameras, asking some of the corner boys, and the smallest piece of information was unfolding a world of shit we had no idea about. One of the corner boys had seen the person who robbed the trap jump into a Matte Black Challenger, with a pink trim. I only knew one person with that car and I knew them because I bought the car. Averi. So here I was.

Returning to the message thread I continued to read.

JoJo 💙🤭
How did the pool party shit go?
11:45 pm